Hollywood Unoriginality Ratio: Star Trek

edited July 2023 in Movies and Shows
To beat the heat, Michael, Paul, Nicole and I ducked into AMC Saratoga 14 yesterday to watch the latest movie in the Star Trek series. I should probably mention at this point that this was, in fact, my third viewing of the film in theaters...

More...

Comments

• edited May 2009
    Addendum! While I do welcome any and all discussion about the movie and the associated trailers, I would be remiss in my thread-recycling ways if I didn't point out that there's already a thread devoted to discussion of the new Star Trek. You know, if you wanted to follow up on what's already been said.
  • edited May 2009
    Transformers? Several explosions and muddy-looking CGI robots punching each other? Yeah, that sounds like Transformers alright. I mean there was that one movie back in the day that was like 90 minutes of non-stop 80's rock and giant robots shooting lasers at eachother. Plot? What's plot?
  • edited May 2009
    At least it didn't have Shia LeBeouf.
  • edited May 2009
    Naturally. But then they knew their target market back then and they hit it spot on. What more can a young boy ask for in life than giant robots shooting lasers at each other for no discernible purpose all set to a continuous stream of rock music? I sure couldn't think of much as a young lad.