Italy and Mobius Compete For The Gold

edited July 2023 in Games
I won't pretend to be revealing breaking news here; I'm sure you're all aware by now that long-time rivals from Nintendo and Sega will finally be in a game together...

More...

Comments

• edited March 2007
    I demand they go online with this game! DEMAND IT!
  • jcjc
    edited March 2007
    The N'Gai Croal interview with Perrin Kaplan and Simon Jeffery is pretty great too. Just sayin'.

While Olympics games are usually terrible, apparently Miyamoto is involving himself with this one.

So either it's going to be really good or it'll be yet another minigame collection.
  • edited March 2007
    As long as the multiplayer's good, I'll be content. And you don't usually get a studio as esteemed as Sonic Team working on an Olympics game, so there's always hope.

Then again, Sonic The Hedgehog for 360/PS3. Or any 3D Sonic game, really.
  • edited March 2007
    That's not their fault. The problem is that in 2D, super-fast is easy, as you are always (presumably) in the exact same distance from the camera from start to finish. In 3D, you have to code in this extra axis, which makes it so much harder, as if you go too fast, control is lost, and if it goes too slow it's not sonic.

I mean look ant NiGHTS.

Doesn't excuse the Knuckles and Rouge levels in SA2, though...
  • jcjc
    edited March 2007
    Wait, the fact that the 3D Sonic games are terrible is not Sonic Team's fault? Man, the Nintendo Fanboy Protection Field is already extending to Sega.
  • edited March 2007
    I'm glad to see it hasn't gotten to me yet. But I still think Sonic Team can accomplish good things, assuming they had something to do with the GBA titles.
  • edited March 2007
    Nope, they were produced by a company called Dimps.
  • edited March 2007
    first off *points out mario's flaws*
    ... [A]t least if further confirms that it’s really happening.
    That's not a sentence, homes.

2ndly, SA one was pretty friggin entertaining in its time. Sure, now it's dated, and feels clunky, but when it came out on the Dreamcast, I loved that game. It was one of my favorites on the DC for a while. And I'll admit it, there's something to be said for raising demonic looking Chaos. Sonic Heroes was the first one that made me cry. and that sonic riders or whatever it was called. (the skateboard racing type one)

on a side note, SEGA FOR LIFE SUCKAS! GENESIS pwns SNES! and saturn was cool, no matter what you say. and dreamcast was totally sweet despite the small boats they called controllers.
  • edited March 2007
    Dude, you're questioning my grammatical prowess? "It" is the subject, and "confirms" is the predicate. Where's the sentence breakdown? And last time I checked,
    geoko wrote:
    That's not a sentence homes.

isn't a sentence either. You need a comma after "sentence".

I've got no beef in particular with Sonic Adventure for Dreamcast. I've got multiple beefs with Sonic Adventure for GameCube. But I still think they could make a fun title, with Miyamoto keeping them in check. Here's hoping it makes good use of Wii Remote.
  • edited March 2007
    mario wrote: »
    Dude, you're questioning my grammatical prowess? "It" is the subject, and "confirms" is the predicate.

Too bad you typed "if" and not "it". :P :P
  • edited March 2007
    "Zings" are in order, I think.
  • jcjc
    edited March 2007
    Using the Genesis, Saturn, and Dreamcast to prove that Sega is still awesome doesn't work. We all know they were awesome then. I even like Sonic Adventure 2 somewhat. Post-Dreamcast, though: Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 360, Crazy Taxi 3, Sonic Riders, Virtua Quest... There have been a few bright spots like Yakuza, but mostly it has been painful and embarrassing to be a Sega fan in the last few years.
  • jcjc
    edited March 2007
    That said, I'm looking forward to NiGHTS more than just about anything else. Either it'll be great or I'll ignore it. No Yuji Naka and no Naoto Oshima is a slight 'uh-oh', but I'm still optimistic.
  • edited March 2007
    Or it'll be an April Fool's prank. I thought the only evidence of NiGHTS2 was on a random German magazine cover in their April issue. Don't trust any game magazines in April. People to this day insist that Sonic and Tails are unlockable in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
  • jcjc
    edited March 2007
    It may be, but it would be a pretty good prank. It's even a new character model, with a new (fruity) outfit.
  • edited March 2007
    jc wrote: »
    Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 360, Crazy Taxi 3, Sonic Riders, Virtua Quest...

Those didn't happen! Shut it up you! I don't believe those games exist, therefore rendering your argument irrelevant. Oh, and you forgot the virtua strikers series - really the whole sega sports line for that matter, which also doesn't exist. You may be able to provide evidence to the contrary, but all of it will be false.

I mean, think about this:
    The following statement will be false.
    The previous statement was true.

*quickly destroys all copies and knowledge of the aforementioned games while you're distracted*
  • edited March 2007
    I have the new sonic game for the Wii, it's ok, nothing to write home about, the controls are alright, could be tighter.

My main beef with the game is that there are like, a million little levels instead of a few great big long ones. The tutorial did in like 9 levels what it should have done in one, and the level transitions seem to take forever.

Also, that weird metalish music on the level select seems so out of place.

Also! NiGHTS has to be totally fruity, it is completely androgynous.
  • edited March 2007
    I have high hopes, Mario games, even at their worst, are still generally not bad. I also predict that it'll all come down to the hurdles.