Existentialism?

edited November 2008 in Zelda Comic
Dunno how relevant this is, but when I saw it I was reminded of good ol' Zelda Comic, so I figured a link would be nice.

Those motivational posters are so fun to invent :D

Comments

• edited May 2008
    haha, nice find.
  • edited May 2008
    Damn, suddenly that old Zelda II standby is deep and profound. I'm sure that's what they intended when they mistranslated the line all those years ago. ^__^
  • edited May 2008
    Does anybody know What error is for?
  • edited May 2008
    He gives you a hint later in the game, if you talk to the right people in other towns. That's right, he says something else eventually!
  • edited May 2008
    :OOO

WOAH...he actually says something else? I don't think my mind will ever be the same. Ever. Again.

Ever.

Oh and that is the best image I've ever seen.
  • edited May 2008
    I could say what it is, but that would ruin the fun.
  • edited May 2008
    Not that it's all that amazing. But yes, folks should play through and discover the fun little tidbits of Zelda II on their own. Like how to find New Kasuto!
  • edited May 2008
    Stores never have the GBA version!
  • edited May 2008
    You know who does have Zelda 2?

VIRTUAL CONSOLE.
  • edited May 2008
    Yeah, but we're not all about publically decrying the awesomness of piracy.

...publically.
  • edited May 2008
    hlavco wrote: »
    Stores never have the GBA version!

Don't bother, it still has that horrible saving glitch, except a million times worse. I can't play my GBA one, I just play it on my emulator (legally as it could be viewed as a back-up copy of a game I have thrice owned) and use the quick-save where I'd normally save.
  • edited May 2008
    B-But...the NES one needs love...
  • edited May 2008
    My NES is dead. I can never love again.
  • edited May 2008
    Just get one of those new 3rd party NESs. They work pretty well from what I've heard.
  • edited May 2008
    I can personally vouch for the NEX (my brother's works quite nicely). The only problem there is that those batteries in the Zelda II cartridges are eventually going to lose their charge, and then saving games will be out.
  • edited May 2008
    That explains why my Zelda I liked to reset itself all the time. Hurrah for virtual console!
  • edited May 2008
    mario wrote: »
    I can personally vouch for the NEX (my brother's works quite nicely). The only problem there is that those batteries in the Zelda II cartridges are eventually going to lose their charge, and then saving games will be out.

my zelda and final fantasy both have dead batteries. Beating those in one sitting takes some dedication.
  • edited May 2008
    You know, after reading your comics, I have the sudden desire to go buy and play Zelda 2 on the Virtual Console.
  • edited May 2008
    Do it!

Heck, I need to do it. I've not even got past the first palace. Right. After exams I am definitely going to finish that game!
  • edited May 2008
    So... hard...

I guess it just goes to show how spoiled we next-gen gamers are.
  • edited May 2008
    If you're really looking for a copy of Zelda II, I'd recommend finding the GC version of it. That's the one I've always used, and I think it's great. I'm pretty sure it's called Zelda Collector's Edition, it was an extra that came with the Gamecube console for a limited time a couple of years ago. It has Zelda, Zelda II, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on it. Oh, and also a short demo of Windwaker and a re-cap thing that has some clips from most of the zelda games.

I remember selling my Gamecube to the store JUST so I could buy another one with the collectors edition in it... I saw a few copies at a Gamestop just yesterday, so I'm sure there should be a few copies somewhere on ebay. It really is a good buy. Whenever I've tried to re-play some games on my SNES, my thumb gets sore from pushing down the D pad on my ancient controller! Playing these games on the gamecube just feels a lot easier for me.

I'll tell you though, trying to play the ocarina using X, Y, A, B and Z is really weird though.
  • edited May 2008
    Probably easier to get it for Virtual Console for most people. But I am glad to have obtained the Collector's Edition, it's a nice package.
  • edited May 2008
    Crap. I just got Rick Roll'd.
  • edited June 2008
    You know, I've been thinking about starting my own web comic.
  • edited June 2008
    Hello?

*Echo*
  • edited June 2008
    Come here.
  • edited October 2008
    Why is it that we always look back to the Error part of the comic?
  • edited October 2008
    Existentialism. is a philosophical movement which posits that individuals create the meaning and essence of their lives, and that this essence follows from their existence. It emerged as a movement in twentieth-century literature and philosophy, foreshadowed most notably by nineteenth-century philosophers S?ren Kierkegaard and Friedrich Nietzsche, though it had forerunners in earlier centuries. Fyodor Dostoevsky and Franz Kafka also described existential themes in their literary works.
    ________
    Ecigarettes
  • edited October 2008
    It's like the little spambot that could.
  • edited October 2008
    A spambot that posts on-topic?!? Shit, Skynet is here!