News: My bad.

edited July 2008 in Zelda Comic
I can't believe I let things slide again. But I'm sure you can. Things are going to change.

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Heh. This is probably the first time in awhile that we didn't coincidentally update on the same day. That was starting to get spooky.
  • edited July 2008
    Ha. I totally know where you're coming from. I'm a novelist who's never been able to actually finish a novel before. I have writer's ADD and tend to jump around from idea to idea far too rapidly to get any progress done on anything. I have one novel that's halfway finished that I think I may have a chance of actually completing if I get back on it, but I can never bring myself to go back to working on it.
  • edited July 2008
    I used to write, but figured out I sucked at it. So now I draw, I figure I'll end up making a comic someday. I have at least a year or two of storyline pretty much planned out already.
  • edited July 2008
    I bet you could make an automator/apple script app that would automagically generate a comic for you...
  • edited July 2008
    That's what I did.
  • edited July 2008
    I used to think that I could write AND draw, but then my high school taught me better. Now I just... well... yeah.

*cough*
  • edited July 2008
    NoLonger wrote: »
    I used to write, but figured out I sucked at it. So now I draw, I figure I'll end up making a comic someday. I have at least a year or two of storyline pretty much planned out already.
    Mish42 wrote: »
    I used to think that I could write AND draw, but then my high school taught me better. Now I just... well... yeah.

*cough*

:holdit:

You're wrong, both of you! Just because you suck at writing doesn't mean you can't write. I mean, look at me. I have no concept of how to develop an intriguing and original plot nor any idea how the heck to motivate myself to actually keep writing, but I somehow managed to get 50,000 words written of a novel my last year of high school.
  • edited July 2008
    I can write but not draw. Carter and I were meant to work on something, but he's lost interest. Shame, I have it all plotted out too :(
  • edited July 2008
    Once again I shame you for losing interest in the mass brew.

Ontopic, does this mean comics are coming?

EDIT: Yay!
  • edited July 2008
    Yes.
  • edited July 2008
    ...:O
    I can't believe I let things slide again. But I'm sure you can. Things are going to change.

It's ok, we still love you. <3

*shot*
  • edited July 2008
    Haha. I remember when I first found this comic. I stayed up until, like, 4:00 in the morning reading from the beginning to present instead of working on my History term paper.
  • edited July 2008
    Bruce, I will do that when I get back from commieland.
  • edited July 2008
    Ya, it's okay, we all have those phases where we just can't bring ourselves to anything at all productive with our sites. Look forward to whatever you got coming next.
  • edited July 2008
    Arphaxad wrote: »
    :holdit:

You're wrong, both of you! Just because you suck at writing doesn't mean you can't write. I mean, look at me. I have no concept of how to develop an intriguing and original plot nor any idea how the heck to motivate myself to actually keep writing, but I somehow managed to get 50,000 words written of a novel my last year of high school.

No no no, I can come up with a good story and tell it, but if I actually try to write it in anything similar to a novel format then I'm screwed. That's the main reason I decided to go for a comic format, plus drawing is fun.
  • edited July 2008
    I can actually draw AND write fairly well, I've just known too many people who are WAY better, so I tend not to try and embarrass myself by showing anyone what I do.

Plus I used to have self-esteem issues. They're good now, I just lost a lot of interest (and practice) a while back.

Also, I've procrastinated writing essays SO many times by getting on the internet. I usually start a usually short, 2 page essay at about 1, and finish at 4 or so. Fun times. It makes for good practice for writing really good first drafts.
  • edited July 2008
    I've been told I'm a pretty writer and I've been told I'm a pretty good drawer. I don't really do either very much in practice, so it ultimately means nothing. I think I've said this quote before, but I'll say it again.

"Real artists ship."

Regardless of potential, I am not a real artist. I'm just another person who can't finish things.
  • edited July 2008
    Frankly, I'm just glad you're not dead. Can't wait to see what's in store next. :D
  • edited July 2008
    Thanks! I'm also glad I'm not dead.
  • edited July 2008
    mario wrote: »
    Thanks! I'm also glad I'm not dead.

Yes, but... what if you were?
  • edited July 2008
    Do you mean what if he was dead or what if he was glad he was dead? You have to specify that kinda thing, you can't just toss that phrase around all willy-nilly.
  • edited July 2008
    Obviously the former, because I already was glad to not be dead. The "what if we could?" thing only works by changing from negative to positive.
  • edited July 2008
    Frankly, I'm just glad you're not dead. Can't wait to see what's in store next. :D

As long time member of the forum I glady welcome you.
  • edited July 2008
    Obviously the former, because I already was glad to not be dead. The "what if we could?" thing only works by changing from negative to positive.

actually, i was going for the "what if you were glad to be dead?" i think the philosophical implications of a living being finding pleasure in it's death that hasn't occurred yet fascinating.
  • edited July 2008
    sooooo.... is anything new going to happen?
  • edited July 2008
    Yes. I'll try to post some information tonight after work, but new comics will come very soon.

Also, welcome to the forums! Hopefully you didn't only register to complain, because the community is awesome and you should totally stick around!
  • edited July 2008
    CONFIRM'D

Just don't click mario's signiture :eek:
  • edited July 2008
    Well, you know, click it once or twice.
  • edited July 2008
    Well, you know, click it once or twice.

Sounds like a plan!
  • edited July 2008
    thx, should i click your sig now?