New Zelda Comic Avatars

edited November 2008 in Zelda Comic
Brought to you exclusivly from Agentcel, a Miscreant avatar! If you guys think this was a good idea-I'll make more. and more inportantly-Mario, are you okay with this?

Comments

• edited August 2006
    There may be a missunderstanding. The Miscreant is often refered as, "a mysterious cloaked guy." This is not to be confused with, "guy who wears a bandana too low and runs into walls accidently without the assistance of alcohol.
  • edited August 2006
    I think it is a rather well drawn avatar. I was under the impression that his hood was very low and he had his head tilted slightly forward. I'll admit that the hood looks a little tight on his head, but otehrwise, I think it's quite good.
  • edited August 2006
    Neat drawing! I'm totally cool with fan art, Agentcel, especially stuff as cool as that. It looks like you based it off of my "Kickin' Ass And Takin' EXP" drawing a bit in terms of his non-spritey appearance. I'm lovin' it! Make me s'more!
  • edited August 2006
    I think that's a great drawing! :P

And Paper Street, I think your comment was pretty mean-spirited towards Agentcel.
  • edited August 2006
    It looks like you based it off of my "Kickin' Ass And Takin' EXP" drawing a bit in terms of his non-spritey appearance.
    --+50 points for Mario! And sure, I'll work on some more when I get home.
  • edited August 2006
    I give you an A for effort, but that's about it. It's not that it sucks, it's just that it's really poor. I get the fact your not an expert at drawing but this lacks a bit in accuracy and such. Also, it's just really basic, I'm not good at drawing/art myself, but I still know you could do better.

Either way, nice start, with practice you could get a lot better. Keep at it.

*I don't like to critique, It makes me feel 'Eh' but I felt a little feedback would do him good*
  • edited August 2006
    I'm gonna make a Link one right now. I'm gonna try to do a little better.

Edit: Here it is!
  • edited August 2006
    I don't want to be overly critical and seeing how my opinion has already been stated I won't go and contine to bash someone else's "work."

However, I only ask why one would choose to work in such a small area to do a drawing for fan art. I can critcize the latest avatar by saying that it's just Mario's Link sprite with a green texture background and a title for the character in case we don't know who he is. If you worked in a larger area you could take your time and make something of greater detail, interest or possibly even originality. This would make for a better fan art piece. Then you could shink it down to use as an avatar or whatever, if you're into that sort of thing.
  • edited August 2006
    I'll have you know that I made everything other than the sprite! Anyway, I can see where Paper Street is coming from. Is this more to your liking? And also, was I correct in placing this thread in "Zelda Comic" instead of the conservatory?oekakigy5.png
  • edited August 2006
    Since they're all related to Zelda comic, I'd say it fits just fine. Besides, Mario already saw and apporved of what you've done.

ALSO: I like this last drawing too. Shiek looks like the bad guy.
  • edited August 2006
    Must be the scary red eyes.
  • edited August 2006
    Ooh, I'm liking the new drawing. What program did you use, by the way?
  • edited August 2006
    Program? er, um...*twitch* I used an oekaki BBS if you guys know what that is. They're online drawing board systems, so I use that program to draw. It has great drawing tools for blurring/shading and such. The is one on my site.
  • edited August 2006
    Is there an actual site for it or something? :3 I can't find it on your site. Which is really good, by the way :D
  • edited August 2006
    There may be a missunderstanding. The Miscreant is often refered as, "a mysterious cloaked guy." This is not to be confused with, "guy who wears a bandana too low and runs into walls accidently without the assistance of alcohol.

Even though mario already said he thought it was awesome, I must say I had the same thoughts as Paper Street about the avatar.

However, the second picture is pretty good. And now, like Paper Street said, you can shrink it into the size of an avatar, like so:

Much better this way. And if someone wanted to just focus on Sheik, they could do that too.
  • edited August 2006
    hm....alright. sounds like a great idea. Now to make multitudes! mwahahahaha
  • edited August 2006
    In the little avatar, sheik looks more like she is upset than angry. Also, can I suggest to Agentcel to try using a reference aside from a sprite wherether possible, as you got a few details wrong, like the whites of the eyes and such (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d4/Sheik_oot.jpg).

But good work :)
  • edited August 2006
    Okay here's Pit. I think his hair needed to be a lil more red, and the arrow just sucks. Other than that, I like this.pithq7.png
  • edited September 2006
    Night Lord wrote:
    In the little avatar, sheik looks more like she is upset than angry.

I'm not seeing that.
  • edited September 2006
    pitzj0.png

And here's the avatar.
  • edited September 2006
    Uh. How about this?
    pithq7x.png
  • edited September 2006
    yeah, I guess that could work...Bub's up next! This will be fun...
  • edited September 2006
    this is my Bub:
    untitled-2.jpg i think he said all that needs to be said.
  • edited September 2006
    Lookin good. For future reference, one never pulls a bowstring back that far, the arrow should always be touching the bowshaft.
  • edited September 2006
    I'd love to see an outtake version of that picture where Pit lets go and the arrow goes straight into his wrist.
  • edited September 2006
    Comin right up...although I'm falling behind due to moving. Mario, I feel your pain!
  • edited September 2006
    It never occured to me that Pit was a southpaw. Well, I imagine he's actually ambidexterous. I think its a requirement for 2D sprites.
  • edited September 2006
    bubuu8.png
    The Pikachu is poorly drawn to show Bub's success!

If this game comes to the states, I am so buyin it.
  • edited September 2006
    XoLore wrote:
    It never occured to me that Pit was a southpaw. Well, I imagine he's actually ambidexterous. I think its a requirement for 2D sprites.

Actually even left-handed bowmen usually pull the string with their right hand, it's just the correct way of firing an arrow I guess.
  • edited September 2006
    Huh. I've never fired an arrow before, but thinking about it, I think I'd be more comfortable pulling back with my left hand.