THE MOTHER 3 TRANSLATION IS OUT!!!

edited December 2008 in Games
http://mother3.fobby.net/

GO. DOWNLOAD. PLAY.

Comments

• edited October 2008
    I'm on chapter 2! The difficulty seems to go up quite a bit between 1 and 2.
  • edited October 2008
    God, it's like the late nineties again, when people would regularly make mods/translations to GBC games. I remember playing a 100% translated copy of Pokémon Silver before it came out in the UK. It was fun.
  • edited October 2008
    OH GOD FLINT IS A MANLY MAN JESUS CHRIST IM PUMPED OH SHIT
  • edited October 2008
    HEY FLINT... I'VE GOT SOME GOOD NEWS AND I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS...
  • edited October 2008
    wha_cat.jpg
  • edited October 2008
  • edited November 2008
    FJDKSLGJKLSHKFDGFD *spazzes out*

I downloaded it yesterday. It's fecking AWESOME! <3
  • edited November 2008
    No pic sigs.
  • edited November 2008
    Or thou shall face the almighty wrath of Serephel's cheese hat!
  • edited November 2008
    Bwahaha, finally found the trigger to remove signature images! They sure as hell don't make vBulletin settings easy to find.
  • edited November 2008
    So THAT'S what it is!
  • edited November 2008
    Nooo! My glorious picture sig!
  • edited November 2008
    Stop crapping up my Mother 3 thread! =(
  • edited November 2008
    I've finally downloaded the game and the patch... I think I'll start it on Christmas break!
  • edited November 2008
    I beat it today.

I'm not quite sure what to think.
  • edited November 2008
    Yeah I beat it yesterday. I think the ending was nice, maybe not great, but it was really something I would expect out of a Mother game. SPOILERS AHEAD:

I liked how it wasn't a miracle happy ending: I mean, we are talking about a dragon as big as the fucking world, shit was obviously gonna happen, but you still ended up talking to all the main characters in the end, so you know that it will all be alright. I read somewhere that the last speech box, the empty one, is supposed to be Leder's. Oh, I loved it when I found Leder near the end it was such a cool detail. I think the game was AWESOME all in all. Also, go back to your last save and speak to Flint about ten times in a row just before the last boss. It will be fun.
    And also also, I swear I almost shed manly tears when it said "Lucas remembered Claus's smell". ;_;
  • edited November 2008
    My roommate beat the game, and won't stop talking about it. I plan to play it eventually, once I stop playing Left 4 Dead constantly...>.>
  • edited December 2008
    Is Earthbound out for the virtual console? I never played it, and I'm one for playing the original before entering a sequel. (And that is why my PS3 will never feel MGS4 inside it.)
  • edited December 2008
    I don't think it is, no.

But if you're wanting to play the original before the sequel, you should start with 'Mother' for NES. I would recommend an Emulator for both Mother and Earthbound.
  • edited December 2008
    I'm not a tech smart kind of guy. An emulator, like project 64, and I would download these two games to an emulator on my PC?
  • edited December 2008
    Well, you'd use Visualboy Advance for GBA, SNES9x or ZSNES for the SNES, and FCEU is the one to go with for NES games.

Honestly, I'd just skip Mother (Earthbound Zero) and go straight to Earthbound on the SNES.
  • edited December 2008
    Non-canon or not worth it? (Earthbound Zero)
  • edited December 2008
    Unless FCEU has improved significantly relatively recently, I recommend NNNesterJ over FCEU.
  • edited December 2008
    You're talking aout types of emulators, right?
  • edited December 2008
    Mother is canon, but it was never available commercially in the US, so most Earthbound fans didn't grow up with it and don't care about it. Personally I think it's a pretty slick NES game.
  • edited December 2008
    Is it necessary as part of understanding the story?
  • edited December 2008
    *shrug* Earthbound got a pretty big following all on its lonesome.

I should probably confess that I don't think Earthbound is, as they say, "all that and a bag of potato chips". It's okay, but it's not AMAZING. I think the game just couldn't amount to all the extreme hype from the Earthbound devout. Same thing happened to me with Chrono Trigger and 3D Final Fantasy games.