Official Ringtone of The Orange Belt Podcast!

A random-ass Facebook thread mentioned this delightful old podcast, so OBVIOUSLY I had to revive a classic ditty from Episode 8 as a ringtone! Go check out the podcast page to grab whichever version of the file is your preference.

Also, the podcast turns 9 at the end of the month! Wondering if we should do a retrospective episode, looking back on all the classic moments over the years.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Y'know, 9 years seems like a very long time ago. It's a little weird to think about. Stupid time. Stop...being a thing that keeps going. It's like...the Energizer Bunny with a Gas Powered Stick or something.
  • edited October 2014
    I'm posting here because it's the most recent thread in this subforum but...

There was an orange belt podcast?

Should revive it as an orange belt live gaming stream or something. That'd be neat.
  • edited October 2014
    That's...actually a pretty good idea.
  • edited October 2014
    I've been streaming my own games on and off, and using the streaming medium to show off some of my artistic skills (making overlays and stuff). Would be super simple assuming you had a "host" whose computer could do it. Using something like Xoom you could have multiple people on a video call, and all of them could be viewable while playing the game. Would be fun. Wouldn't make any money I'm sure, but would be a nice game night kinda thing. Get together, play a couple hours of games, vods there for viewing in the future.
  • edited October 2014
    We can always make a group on Twitch. Campus internet and all here so I couldn't stream but I could get on skype with other people. If we have a shared account we can all stream on the same channel, which would make it perhaps actually worth it since most of us don't have a consistent break from work that we're willing to give up to stream consistently.

As for art, Picarto.tv is a great service. It's been a really nice to have to turn on style references while I'm drawing.
  • edited October 2014
    We've spoken on and off about doing multiplayer game streams, it's definitely something I'm interested in.
  • edited October 2014
    imo random weekend gunbound stream gogo!

Is gunbound still around? I remember those days.
  • edited October 2014
    I remember those days but never actually played gunbound. I don't think there's NA servers for gunbound anymore though or something?

I don't even know what sort of games people on here play there days. Well, at least as far as PC games are concerned.
  • edited October 2014
    I started to get into hardcore competitive gaming (starcraft 2, League of Legends, other mobas), but iirc that was never anyone's jam here.

THERE'S ALWAYS MAUPLE STAUPLE. Or, I dunno, something free on steam?
  • edited October 2014
    I play LoL only a little and always against bots. I pretty well always just play Sona, though I won't claim to be a good support. I don't really play her that way.
  • edited October 2014
    I'd play it with a group just to have fun, play vs bots. I'm no good at league, was decent at Starcraft (top... 2% NA? Not good, just decent) but really I just like the games where I can be competitive. I play with buds in both games who are turrble and don't take it as seriously, and it's nbd.
  • edited October 2014
    Team Fortress 2 is always a fun option. I'm a pretty decent Medic.
  • edited October 2014
    Medics are the shit. It's also free, so that's a plus.