The Happy Thanksgiving Thread!

edited July 2023 in Events
EDIT: Please disregard typo in title.

Yadda yadda turkey blah blah family and all that. I had the typical Thanksgiving stuff going on, but we aren't content to just leave it at that in my family. We have our annual fire. And I'm not talking about some sissy campfire either. Now it was a little disappointing that we didn't have snow this year, so naturally we had to make up for it. So we had TWO fires. Our logic is flawless!

Fire #1 went pretty fast. It was already dying out by the time we got some cameras.
Fire_1.jpg

As Fire #2 went up, I was a bit slow to come to the conclusion that Fire is Hot.
Fire_2.jpg

I suppose we could use a sense of scale here.
Fire_3.jpg

So how about all of you? Was Thanksgiving decidedly awesome? Or was it too long ago to remember? (silly Canada)

Comments

• edited November 2006
    holy shit, I was gonna argue, but I really can't now.

we should probably move this to the SCIENCE! forum, I'm pretty sure really big fires count as SCIENCE!
  • edited November 2006
    F-f-f-FIRE. Man that looks like a lot of fun. It should be "daily fire" instead of "annual fire".
  • godgod
    edited November 2006
    Oh my god, I wish I lived in a less urban area and a less tree covered state, just so I could do that.
  • edited November 2006
    Don't make excuses, god, just embrace the flames.

ALSO: Sweet!
  • edited November 2006
    I celebrated BOTH American and Canadian Thanksgiving!

Yay.
  • edited November 2006
    You know the what the wartime punishment for treason is, right?

EDIT OF: HINT OF: It is not candy. Candy is rarely a punishment.
  • edited November 2006
    It is in Diabetesland!
  • edited November 2006
    You can't touch those skillz of teh interwebz.
  • edited November 2006
    On a related note...

That's what your family does for Thanksgiving, X? What happens on the 4th of July?
  • edited November 2006
    Quite conversly, almost nothing. My parents have been going on vacation over the 4th for the last few years, so the family doesn't really do much of anything.
  • edited November 2006
    You know, I was going to try and argue that, but then I saw the pictures. Congratulations, your family is awesome.

How about inviting some Orange Beltians next year for the massive fire?
  • edited November 2006
    Ooh! Ooh! Pick me!
  • edited November 2006
    Oh yeah? Well I did college apps all thanksgiving. BEAT THAT!
  • edited November 2006
    ME LIKE FIRE
  • edited November 2006
    I ate delicious turkey with people who I LOVE.
  • edited November 2006
    You all lose to the mighty X 'o' Lore.
  • edited November 2008
    Celebrate by subjugating some indigenous peoples for old time's sake!

...:jt:
  • edited November 2008
    Ya! Turkey Day!
  • edited November 2008
    I had delicious turkey! And stuffing, and mashed potatoes, and baked potatoes, and steaks, and sushi, and ham, and apple pie, and pumpkin pie! It was buffet. It was so delicious.
  • edited November 2008
    We did not have our fire. It's too windy. It wouldn't be safe. Oh well, another day perhaps. The fixins are there.

Yummy food was to be had still. Pie is good. And I played through Cave Story again. I still fail at Ballos. :(
  • edited November 2008
    I still have banana pie in an oreo crust.
  • godgod
    edited November 2008
    I also have banana pie, sans oreo crust. I should go get some more.
  • edited November 2008
    ...Happy Thanksgiving America :D
  • edited November 2008
    Happy Black Friday! WHY OH WHY DID I TAKE A RETAIL JOB THIS IS GOING TO DESTROY ME

Thanksgiving was pretty great though! I got my mom to watch Dr. Horrible, and she enjoyed it just like I thought she would.
  • edited November 2008
    We ate our Thanksgiving feast today, Friday, because my grandmother got back from the hospital today, Friday, and we are thankful for that.
  • edited November 2008
    That certainly IS something to be thankful for.
  • edited November 2008
    She has a cancerous tumor on her pancreas. I looked at her with a smile as i typed this (awwww...)
  • edited November 2011
    Hope everyone's enjoying their Thanksgiving dinners slash days off from work slash listening to Americans constantly talk online about a holiday they don't observe. I had two excellent turkey-based meals at my families' various gatherings. Glad to see my somewhat ailing grandmother at one of them; she often doesn't attend these gatherings and I don't know how many more years she'll be around to have the option, so it was nice having her there.

I just wanted to say how grateful I am for this community. Though our post frequency has lowered over time and there isn't always a great deal going on here, it still makes me happy when I sign on every night to see what people have posted (even when I'm just cleaning up spambot posts ^__^). I'm grateful for all the friendships I've made here and on Inksandwich. Have a great weekend, and try not to get trampled to death on Black Friday!
  • edited November 2011
    I was driving home from my thanksgiving dinner, and I saw the parking lot at Wal-Mart.

Friends, I have seen the face of hell, and it is Wal-Mart on Black Friday. It was like a death metal concert with soccer moms instead of people who have given up on life.

Although, I suppose the only difference is a higher number of sweater vests.
  • edited November 2011
    We had food. And then there was fire. The good kind of fire. Got the family all together and we played in the snow a bit and hung around the big fire being all social and stuff. Makes Thanksgiving a bit more interesting around these parts.