Should we change the name of the "effed up" news?

edited July 2023 in Forum Support
It pains me to see what has become of our "Fucked-up News Thread". What say you Orangebeltians?

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Having such vulgarity as the grand mother of all swear words so prominent in a thread title can prove worrisome for situations where we'd like the forums to be more work and family friendly. If it were just me viewing it, you could slap breats and penises all over the place and I'd be fine with it (Jake would be more fine with it if said penises were on the same person who had the breasts) but you should know that not everyone on here is a cool bachelor like you and I.

Right?

I'm a cool bachelor, right?
  • edited August 2007
    I think it's just the opposite. You're luring innocent forum-goers into a false-sense of security with an obviously self-censored title, then when they click it, BAM! Khan or Potty McPotty-mouth, Jackey start dropping F-bombs left and right. We might as well allow people to know what they're getting themselves into.
  • edited August 2007
    Whoops, I missed "don't care" and accidentally voted for that [misspelled] Jakey thing.
  • edited August 2007
    I, however, did not miss.
  • edited August 2007
    Having such vulgarity as the grand mother of all swear words

Fuck is not the grand mother of swear words.
  • edited August 2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgx1sSfriIA

I meant to say Queen Mother.
  • edited August 2007
    For that particular thread, I liked the profanity. It gave it extra oomph. In general, I think if we want the forum to be work-safe we would have to cut down on profanity in general, or at least label more threads NSFW if they are/become so.