In Rainbows

edited July 2023 in Music
I'm guessing most everyone has heard about this, but just to make sure everyone's on the same page: Radiohead's latest album "In Rainbows" is being sold as a digital download, and you get to pay whatever price you deem appropriate (including nothing at all). Eventually they'll be releasing a super special awesome boxset for a hefty chunk of change, but I don't love Radiohead that much. ^_^ I just started listening to my download, and so far I feel it was £3.00 well-spent. I figured about six bucks is a decent price to pay since they've removed the middleman and avoided expenditures like stocking, packaging, printing, and all them other crazy distribution schemes. I can only assume, therefore, that 100% of this goes to Radiohead, as they didn't produce or sell this through any record companies.

Anyone else pick this up? How much did all y'all pay for it? The only thing that bugged me about this was the lack of album artwork, but a nice group on Flikr made some of their own. I chose this one for its resemblance to the website (attached)!

Comments

• edited October 2007
    I think I will order it, just because of the novel way they're selling it!

Also, I'm sure it'll be a good album.
  • edited October 2007
    It's like the internet equivilent of setting a tip/donation bucket out on the street and performing. Except it's a lot less degrading and potentially a lot more profitable on the internet.
  • edited October 2007
    It's only profitable because it's Radiohead. I doubt any random aspiring musician could make decent scratch with an e-tip jar.
  • edited October 2007
    Most random aspiring musicians don't make decent scratch by signing on with record companies, either.
  • edited October 2007
    Granted.
  • edited October 2007
    I just said potentially. There is room for starving artists to continue starving in my statement.