Comic #49: Cultural Anthropology is Lame. (10/30/2007)

edited November 2007 in Penny Racers Comics
comic049.png

Eh, my class ended late, so I really phoned this one in... the amazing 20-minute comic. Oh well, I'm still on track to meet my goal, and then I can sit back and be all like "at this rate, I'll be tied with Zelda Comic in eight years or so". Well, only if Mario suddenly decides not to update anymore. Whatever. Curse those deleted comics making it look like I took a hiatus from February to June!

You'd be surprised how hard it is to work 'paleoethnobotany' into a conversation. Well, actually you probably wouldn't be.

Comments

• edited October 2007
    I like how Pichu's looking up in the second panel, like he's looking at the word.

And knowing how this comic breaks the fourth wall, he probably is.
  • edited October 2007
    Nah, for once he isn't breaking the fourth wall. He's simply shouting it to the heavens. PALEOETHNOBOTANY!
  • edited October 2007
    I know what palaeobotany is, but I'm not sure how the "ethno" bit works into it.
  • edited October 2007
    Yeah, I know paleo has to has to do with the ancient past. and botony is flora. So i assume the ethno means the whole thing has something to do with the lineage of modern plants to ancient, may be extinct, plants. I'm gonna look that up and use it in my next conversation.

Well, looks like I was wrong.
  • edited October 2007
    Gah. In typical Hlavac Luck(tm), my less-than-a-month-old mouse refuses to turn on for some reason. I can't make a comic without a mouse! Delayed till further notice.

I had a bad feeling about going wireless! Stupid gut, always being right.

EDIT: So it turns out the "six month battery life guarantee" means "batteries last for almost a month". But the comic is still delayed because I already shifted my schedule to do other things. Curses.
  • edited October 2007
    Frihost are down again?!
  • edited October 2007
    Yeah, it's been down all day for some reason. So, I wouldn't be able to upload a new comic anyway.
  • edited November 2007
    Wow. The Universe doesn't want you to make a comic. It's probably safer not to push it. There may be repercussions.
  • edited November 2007
    weaselbball.png

I should totally be making a comic right now, but I had this idea spur of the moment and wanted to get it down before my enthusiasm died. You love the graffiti, I know you do.
  • edited November 2007
    It's funny, I was going to say that I loved the graffiti before I realized you said I should! I'm tempted to spray paint some myself on my apartment building just for the comedic value!
  • edited November 2007
    There's a space above hlavco's first sentence. Am I supposed to see a picture? Why can't I see the picture? I wanna see it, too. Let me see the picture too, hlavco. Pleeeeeeeease. Please. Please. Pretty please.
  • edited November 2007
    Hey, look! It's a weasel with a basketball. Thanks, DI. I like the self-acknowledging graffiti.
  • edited November 2007
    Quit being a hog, weasel, pass the rock.