SUCCESS!

edited November 2014 in General
I did it! I finally made my first omelette ever that didn't end up turning into scrambled eggs! it was fluffy and DELICIOUS.

It only took 11 days shy of 22 years for it to happen, hurrah!

BEHOLD!

So, what sort of successes have you folks had lately?

Comments

• edited November 2007
    Wii got a we.

...wait.
  • edited November 2007
    Because of my biology minor, I got to teach all of our kids about trees and plants for about an hour. I'm a teacher's assistant, so we usually don't do that. The teachers were very, very impressed, stressing that it would definitely show up in my evaluation.

EDIT: That is one CHEESY omelette.
  • edited November 2007
    I learned how to motion tween in flash, saving hours of time!
  • edited November 2007
    I got a new job. I work with Flash now.

EDIT: Well, I use a lot of actionscript anyway.
  • edited November 2007
    I finally made it so I could use my PS2 controller to play Maple Story on my computer. Using a sixaxis PS3 driver, a Joy to Key program, and a cable meant to convert a ps2 GH controller to a PS3 console. And it worked Yaaaa
  • godgod
    edited November 2007
    I haven't actually beat it yet, but I'm making good progress in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, which is the hardest one yet. In America, at least, I don't know about Japan.
  • edited November 2007
    I learned what John Conway's Game of Life is.
  • edited November 2007
    I made jumping and gravity work right, so now I can make fun little Flash platforming things.
  • edited November 2007
    I successfully made epic awesomeness after an entire day of code-searching!

backgroundza0.png
  • edited November 2007
    What is GOING ON in there?
  • edited November 2007
    Link being attacked by Arwings!! Isn't it obvious?
  • edited November 2007
    This is going on.
    Cept it's me playing, and I'm kicking ass with Din's fire.
  • edited November 2007
    I've got a following of people who've been reading my as of yet unnamed running story. I consider that successful.
  • edited November 2007
    Agentcel wrote: »
    This is going on.
    Cept it's me playing, and I'm kicking ass with Din's fire.
    That guy wasn't even taking any damage from hits. Hardly "epic".
  • edited November 2007
    My programming teacher called me up to talk about an internship with a subsidiary of Amazon. I'll actually be doing some hardcore coding too, not just paperwork.
  • edited November 2007
    I guess you'll be part of their e-turk department. Yep, less-than-minimum wages for menial tasks. AWESOME.
  • edited November 2007
    That Arwing hack looks awesome, although it would be even better if you could somehow swap in a TIE-Fighter model from Rogue Squadron or Shadows of the Empire and simulate an Imperial attack on Hyrule.
  • edited November 2007
    DO A BARREL ROLL!
  • edited November 2007
    I drove from home to school for the first time. It was the longest I've ever driven, 6 hours.
  • edited March 2008
    While this is only somewhat of a success, and could teeter into the failure zone at any time, my application was waitlisted at Western Michigan University. I'm kinda reaching here, because I've already gotten three rejections, but this makes me feel marginally better. Maybe the other two places will full out accept me, who knows?
  • edited March 2008
    Wait? You live in Michigan? Or are you just applying here?
  • edited March 2008
    Applying. I live near Chicago.
  • edited March 2008
    Well, if we're gonna discuss university entries...

picture2xp0.png

My current UCAS (University application people) listing. I now need to choose both a firm and insurance university. I shall pick Greenwich as my insurance, but for firm I do not know. Northumbria and Leicester are tied atm.

Northumbria has a funner night life, what with being in Newcastle (And Geordies are probably some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet), but Leicester is better academically and also not too shabby on the night life front...

Decisions, decisions. I have until May 5 to choose :(
  • edited March 2008
    This is the SUCCESS thead nightlord, not the FAILURE thread. You obviously failed at Loughborugh so that image is entirely off-topic. Gosh.
  • edited March 2008
    SUCCESS. I drew a half of one comic panel yesterday.
  • edited March 2008
    I don't know if that's really a success. Which half did you draw?
  • edited March 2008
    The character, except for the mouth. It doesn't, like, take up half the panel, but it takes longer to do than the rest.
  • edited March 2008
    This, again, is somewhat of a success thread. I got accepted into Fordham University... but they're not giving me any funding. So I would have to take out a LOT of loans, or get a LOT of third-party scholarships, to afford it, and I'm not sure if it's worth it. I'm still waiting to hear from Notre Dame, and I'm still waitlisted with Western Michigan, so who knows what will happen?
  • edited March 2008
    Don't you get a student loan from the government over there?
  • edited March 2008
    Probably what he meant by "take out a LOT of loans". FAFSA is the one that immediately comes to mind, not sure how much they cover though.