Comic #55: THIS IS A GOOD ONE GUYS (4/1/2008)

edited April 2008 in Penny Racers Comics
comic056.png

Comicroll'd.

Okay, fine, here's the real comic.

That was lame, and if you actually fell for it I'm sorry. It's here.

Comments

• edited April 2008
    The thing about Earthbound and the Virtual Console is that there's still some copyright shit they're hammering out.

Apparently part of it is the Runaway Five/Blues Brothers thing (I'm serious)
  • edited April 2008
    But... they changed the colors! That should only be a problem in the Japanese version.

The other thing I heard was the hippie/Frank battle music, which is essentially Johnny B. Goode. But still, the Earthbound demo only shows the very beginning of the comet scene. You have to run through as quick as possible to even have time to fight a single crow. So I don't think there'd be any issue with the demo.
  • edited April 2008
    I think the issue is that Earthbound isn't yet available on the US Virtual Console. The whole point of Masterpieces is to entice you to buy the whole shebang on the Shop Channel.

The real crime is a lack of video or gameplay demos on Virtual Console.
  • edited April 2008
    You should save the rick'roll as a bonus comic.

Anyways, the masterpieces aren't really all that appealing, anyways. I mean, a minute or two to play some classic games? If they were going to do demos, they should have done it on a level basis, not a time basis. The fact that Earthbound isn't on there doesn't seem like Brawl's biggest flaw.
  • edited April 2008
    You should save the rick'roll as a bonus comic.
    Bonus comic? Naw, man, that's #56! I need all the archives I can get!
    Anyways, the masterpieces aren't really all that appealing, anyways. I mean, a minute or two to play some classic games? If they were going to do demos, they should have done it on a level basis, not a time basis. The fact that Earthbound isn't on there doesn't seem like Brawl's biggest flaw.
    Yeah, it's surely not the biggest flaw, but after not releasing Mother 1+2 or Mother 3 for GBA, and not putting Earthbound (legal issues, I know) or Earthbound Zero (fully translated but never released) on the Virtual Console, it just feels like a slap in the face for EB fans.

Come to think of it, what IS Brawl's biggest flaw? It doesn't seem to have too many...
    I'd say it needs a more fleshed out Level Editor, and a return of Board the Platforms.
  • edited April 2008
    Itoi has said they're not going to translate and localize Mother 3, and apparently the guys who are making the fan translation of it actually have talked to him about their project.
  • edited April 2008
    I can't see your comic...
  • edited April 2008
    Look closer.

Also,

I love Starmen.net.
  • edited April 2008
    heh, nice.
  • edited April 2008
    lucarioness.png

Lucario and Ness are currently competing for the title of "My new Smash Bros main". Not sure why I gave Ness Mickey Mouse eyes.

You know, Lucario's pretty scrawny for a fighting-type.
  • edited April 2008
    Lucario is lookin good. I myself have for the first time ever been abandoning Link. I liked him so much in the past but he can no longer get the job done in many cases.
  • edited April 2008
    A lot of people seem to really like Lucario, I can't do crap with him for some reason.
  • edited April 2008
    I'm pretty sure everybody I've showed this to recommended Lucario over Ness. Where's the Ness love?
  • edited April 2008
    NESS NESS NESS RAH RAH RAH!

Lucas is ok too. His up smash is BRUTAL if it connects.
  • edited April 2008
    I'm much worse than normal with both of those guys, so I can't really help.
  • edited April 2008
    Double Team is one of the Lucario's most savage attacks. If you get the timing down just right, it's fucking deadly.

Of course, it doesn't compare to Ike's up-b, which is still, dare I say, unrivaled.