You could've had Indiana Jones for President!

edited July 2023 in Politics
But now you can't!

The resemblance is striking and quite amusing, methinks. But you blew it. Now you get to choose between a man whose head looks like a potato and either a psycho-bitch chipmunk or Obama.

Comments

• edited May 2008
    If Huckabee was elected, I'm pretty sure he'd actually look for the holy grail.
  • edited May 2008
    By my calculations, Indiana Jones would be 111 in 2008 (Harrison Ford was 39 when he made Raiders, which took place 72 years ago; this assumes Indy to have been the same age). Not so sure he'd make a great president, if he's even still alive.
  • edited May 2008
    Ah yes, but he's immortal (As is his father, except he's dead in the new film. The hell is up with that?), but it seems he ages normally too, which would suck... (You'll see what that looks like in Series 3 of Doctor Who).

I can't even remember the point I was going to make...
  • edited June 2008
    He was only immortal from the time he drank from the Grail to the time he crossed the seal. He can still survive nuclear blasts, but age'll still get him.
  • godgod
    edited June 2008
    He's immortal? Way to put up spoiler alerts, guys.
  • edited June 2008
    Don't worry, he's not immortal. It's a common misinterpretation of the end of Last Crusade.
  • edited June 2008
    What do you mean, misconception? The whole reason Donovan wanted it was to live forever, and Indy drinks from it, as does his dad, hence they should be immortal...
  • edited June 2008
    You were pretty nice to Obama there Bruce, considering the fact that he does resemble vegetables.

1210867781198.jpg
  • edited June 2008
    Night Lord wrote: »
    What do you mean, misconception? The whole reason Donovan wanted it was to live forever, and Indy drinks from it, as does his dad, hence they should be immortal...

Guess you forgot about the part where the knights of the Crusade that left the temple eventually died of old age. The grail's longevity effects only function within the confines of the Great Seal. As the last knight said, "that is the boundary, and the price of immortality".
  • edited June 2008
    Well how about that!
  • edited June 2008
    Wait, Sean Connery's character is confirmed to be dead in the latest film? Thanks for spoilering that, you jerk!
  • edited June 2008
    Everyone needs to go see Kingdom of the Crystal Skull immediately, so people can casually refer to plot points both major and minor.

And come on guys, spoiler alerts are your friends.

Jakey, if it makes you feel any better, the mention of his death is pretty much just an aside, and has practically no bearing on the movie's plot. If I had to guess, it was just a way to keep Sean Connery out of the movie, since he's only like 12 years older than Harrison Ford, and at this point they're both looking much closer to their ages.