Comic #59: Fanon (6/30/2008)

edited October 2008 in Penny Racers Comics
comic059.png
You don't really have to read that big panel if you don't feel like it.

I blame the Wii Wheel for the entire two-month delay. Panel two was annoying enough that I stalled on drawing it for weeks. What's easy on paper is sometimes really frustrating on a vector program. I had originally planned on making it more angled, but I couldn't make it look right so I settled on a lame side view. Note how I shoved it out of sight for the rest of the comic.

On the bright side, I used to have a tough time drawing the characters in their sitting positions, and after this comic that probably won't be much of a problem anymore.

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Graaah! I need to remember to stop off and pick up Mario Kart one of these days. I've unlocked enough in Smash Bros. that I'd be content to set it aside for a little while.

Also, good comic. Trying to make sense of such things leads only to madness though. They should be careful not to think TOO hard about it.
  • edited July 2008
    I haven't played Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, so I'm just gonna go ahead and blame that for all the rampant baby-ness in Mario Sports games.
  • edited July 2008
    We all know that Yoshi's Island is to blame. It started all this Nintendo Babies nonsense, and screws with any Mario chronology theories anyone might have.
  • edited July 2008
    Yeah, but it didn't *actually* have any time-travel in it.
  • edited July 2008
    Who even plays the new Mario Kart, anymore? People who don't have Brawl, that's who.
  • edited July 2008
    Just a heads up, but since this is a comic ending in "9", I'm doing an email comic next, and I'm still short a few questions. Also, here's a buizel.
  • edited July 2008
    You do not have an inviting link to click on to send emails to for purposes of the comic. How do we know which email address to send to? Do you actually expect us to go to your site and look at the address at the bottom of the page?
  • edited July 2008
    Duly noted, and news post updated.
  • edited July 2008
    Alrighty. Now perhaps I should try to think up a question. Hmmmm....
  • edited July 2008
    spearow.png

Somebody on DeviantArt asked me to draw a spearow. I drew a spearow.
  • edited July 2008
    Spearow is 3 words in one. Those who name these critters sure like their mild puns.
  • edited July 2008
    Draw a meowth! Please?

I'd love a meowth wallpaper...
  • edited July 2008
    Let's see...

What awesome people have we not met yet?
  • edited August 2008
    what about Typhlosion?

__Typhlosion___by_unicornstrike.jpg
  • edited October 2008
    filler001.png

Fillers make me less dead. Maybe. Real comic will hopefully be done within the week.

Bonus points to anyone who can make a decent comic out of those three images.
  • edited October 2008
    My triumphant return to comics.
  • edited October 2008
    Oh, I so want those points. Just you wait OB, just. You. Wait.

Edit: I've got my plot, now I just need ms paint.
  • edited October 2008
    Here it is:

pennyracersremix.jpg
  • edited October 2008
    I have no idea whether you were making an obscure reference, or just throwing stuff together. Still pretty nice.

Takeru's made me laugh. Maybe I'll put these on the site eventually, with youse's permission, of course.
  • edited October 2008
    The reference

Too bad you didn't get it. But thanks and you have permision to use my "comic" however you wish.
  • edited October 2008
    Comics is a graphic medium in which images are utilised in order to convey a sequential narrative.
    It is the sequential nature of the pictures, and the predominance of pictures over words, that distinguish comics from picture books, though there is some overlap between the two media.
  • edited October 2008
    I love you, wikibot.

And by the way, feel free to use my remix on your site.
  • edited October 2008
    Sure. Where would you like the hyperlink to lead when people click on your name?
  • edited October 2008
    I should get a new website.

And start making comics again.
  • edited October 2008
    I on the other hand, haven't done squat on the interwebz.
  • edited October 2008
    Well hurry up and do squat. I don't want a name without a hyperlink! That's just crazy!
  • edited October 2008
    electrictypes2.png

I don't know, the way the Pichu is staring while declaring he's Zues just cracks me up.
  • edited October 2008
    I've been 1-up'd!

And I'm no expert, but a dime bag seems too small to be worth selling.
    Edit: Aww, no more ham? Is that at least a satanic squirtle?
  • edited October 2008
    I had Oh, Ham! for a while. The reason is was such an awesome picture was because my buddy, Jonathon Duncan, did that picture, as well as an assortment of many others using the application Colors on his DS. wahay is my BOFF.