The Revenge of the Spawn of the Somewhat Amusing News Thread Strikes Back Thread

edited June 2013 in General
Librarians vs. Nuns!

I mean, honestly.

Comments

• edited March 2006
    This thread was my idea! Therefore I win the thread, right? Right? And I totally have an aunt who is a nun. She is the principal of a catholic school and all.
  • godgod
    edited March 2006
    based on what ive heard about them, i hope you didnt spend much time at her house as a small child
  • edited March 2006
    All generalizations are bad god, including this one.

I don't spend much time with her however.. she isn't my aunt aunt, she's my grandpa's sister, and she lives in a different city. She is pretty sweet, though. She gives the best presents.
  • edited March 2006
    Ugh. Could a mod somewhere add a "News" 'twixt "Amusing" and "Thread," please?
  • edited March 2006
    Sex movie mix-up shocks couple http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/somerset/4212207.stm

I find it amusing that they were so shocked they HAD to watch it til the end.
  • edited March 2006
    I think the best thing I learned from that article is that apparently there is a god of crustaceans.
  • edited March 2006
    Well of course they're furry. It gets cold down there.

EDIT: Same time post.
  • edited March 2006
    We’re lucky that Red Tornado managed to throw himself down the barrel of Luthor’s Omega Cannon, or none of us would be standing here right now.”
    Woops.
  • edited March 2006
    Bah! The story was great otherwise! Forgive and forget already!
  • edited March 2006
    Well, obviously.
  • edited March 2006
    Irishman 1) Today we, Ireland's top scientists, have found a way to convert our entire population to pure energy!

Irishman 2) It's a glorious day!

Irishman 3) Michael McCloud's just invented a new kind of beverage in his basement. Whiskey.
  • edited March 2006
    The rest, as we all know, is history.
  • edited March 2006
    Puppy thieves! Followed by other, more regular news.
  • godgod
    edited April 2006
    i definitly need to get a hamster now
  • edited April 2006
    That seems like way too much effort to tease a poor enslaved, most likely hungry, ball of fuzz.
  • edited April 2006
    Seriously, just get a pointy stick.
  • edited April 2006
    Pointy sticks don't work over the Internet.
  • edited April 2006
    Nor do hamsters.
  • edited April 2006
    Unfortunately enough, mankind has yet to invent the cyber-spear. Though I'm working on it.

For SCIENCE!
  • edited April 2006
    Good man.
  • edited April 2006
    See? Those videos were right: Fire safety is cool!
  • godgod
    edited April 2006
    they should use mashed potatoes instead
  • edited April 2006
    Those pictures make me think the same thing as the Sony Bravia advert, "I want to do that!"
  • edited April 2006
    Shocking news! Nail guns hurt!
    PORTLAND, Oregon (AP) -- An Oregon man who went to a hospital complaining of a headache was found to have 12 nails embedded in his skull from a suicide attempt with a nail gun, doctors say.

Surgeons removed the nails with needle-nosed pliers and a drill, and the man survived with no serious lasting effects, according to a report on the medical oddity in the current issue of the Journal of Neurosurgery.

The unidentified 33-year-old man was suicidal and high on methamphetamine last year when he fired the nails -- up to 2 inches in length -- into his head one by one.

The nails were not visible when doctors first examined the man in the emergency room of an unidentified Oregon hospital a day later. Doctors were surprised when X-rays revealed six nails clustered between his right eye and ear, two below his right ear and four on the left side of his head.

The study did not say how long the nails were, and a hospital spokeswoman refused to release that information. A photo published in the study suggests the nails range from 1 1/2 to 2 inches long.

No one before is known to have survived after intentionally firing so many foreign objects into the head, according to the report, written by Dr. G. Alexander West, the neurosurgeon who oversaw the treatment of the patient.

The man at first told doctors he had had a nail gun accident, but later admitted it was a suicide attempt.

The nails came close to major blood vessels and the brain stem but did not pierce them. The patient was in remarkably good condition when he was transferred to Oregon Health & Science University in Portland, where the nails were removed.

The patient was later transferred to psychiatric care and stayed under court order for nearly a month before leaving against doctors' orders.