Comic #61: Late Halloween Comic (11/15/2008)

edited December 2008 in Penny Racers Comics
comic061.png

Okay, go up to a girl. Hand her some shaving cream. Tell her she needs it more than you do. I'll wait.

Anyway, I've seen far worse than parents dragging their lazy kids around in wagons. I've seen parents DRIVING their kids from house to house. They're out of their minds.

The next three comics are gonna finish off Eevee's story arc, because we need our main characters back. It was originally meant to be finished before the Halloween comic. But that, uh, didn't happen. So Eevee doesn't get a costume this year. Or does she? I'm doing a mini-contest thing now, whoever draws Eevee with the coolest costume gets to make me draw them anything they want. Not that I don't normally do that, but they'd probably receive it in a much more timely manner if they earned it.

Also, I set up an RSS feed for the comic. Which is kinda neat. Does anybody use those?

Comments

• edited November 2008
    ...and that's how I found out the wrong way to eat a Reese's

Ewww.

This was my 300th post, nice.
  • edited November 2008
    Great comic. I love Pichu's pose in panel 3. I'd make that my desktop if I had a larger picture. My theory (I might draw it eventually) was that Eevee would have dressed as a taco. The Brown coat could be curled to appear as meat. It would be awesome!
    I have a wild prediction for eevee's story arc (I'll be amazed if it's right):

Eevee decides to reluctantly evolve into Espeon to use her psychic powers to make the author go away. She then returns home, after ripping some sweet psychic abilities on unsuspecting people. Then, she would use her super psychic abilities to modify the space time switch in Pichu and her house so it only affects her. Then Pichu pulls the switch and voila! Eevee is eevee and the author is gone. No more story arcs.

Or, the story arc could have to do with that pokeball from comic 1

Furthermore, are raticate and Nidoqueen/Nidorina/Nidoran female even in the same egg group? Raticate has to be the father, because Nidoqueen/Nidorina/Nidoran female are always female.
  • edited November 2008
    RSS feed: bookmarked!

Also, I highly doubt any of these characters would ever evolve. That's not Steven's Pokémon-training style.
  • edited November 2008
    Is that... Hlavic's first name?!?

I'll totally draw Eevee, whether it'll get uploaded is completely in question though.
  • edited November 2008
    I said my idea was way out there, didn't I?
  • edited November 2008
    Which is exactly why I didn't yell at you :)

And Hlavico, I must say youre update rate is amazing!
  • edited November 2008
    If you follow these steps, you'll get a picture of a dog in a taco
    Google Search Dog Halloween Costumes
    Click the Link right after the shopping results
    Its right in the middle there-hard to miss.
    You're welcome to use the idea, but you'll have to get it sketched, scanned, and posted before me. To bad I can't focus enough to do serious art at 1:44 AM
  • edited November 2008
    Voltage wrote: »
    Furthermore, are raticate and Nidoqueen/Nidorina/Nidoran female even in the same egg group?
    They are. As are Pichu and Eevee.

Though it would seem charmanders and vulpixes can't breed.
    Mario wrote:
    RSS feed: bookmarked!

Also, I highly doubt any of these characters would ever evolve. That's not Steven's Pokémon-training style.
    I think, out of the four, the most likely candidate is Maurice. Though in actual Pokemon video games I tend to use Wartortles a lot.
  • edited November 2008
    The number one thing I've wanted to do with my Diamond is breed to get a Ninetails that knows energy ball. It cannot learn the move via TM, but Vulpix can learn it by breeding. Too bad I used my first energy ball tm on my Alakazam.
  • edited November 2008
    (I wonder if anyone has realized this is a new comic)
  • edited November 2008
    Yeah, the problem with having so little members in a forum is you can't generate much talk on a comic without going off topic.
  • edited November 2008
    Yeah, we only got about 100, I think.

EDIT: We have 100 people with 10 or more posts that are not banned. This is the number of people documented on the member's list.

By the Way, How can you incorrectly eat a reeses?
    Do you eat with the paper on? Or is it much more disgusting?
  • edited November 2008
    a hundred registed users, we have around twenty users who post regularly
  • godgod
    edited November 2008
    Members: 348, Active Members: 75
    It's right at the bottom of the main forums page.
  • edited November 2008
    I was gonna start making the next comic today, but I played Animal Crossing: City Folk instead.
  • edited November 2008
    Thats how you do it.
  • edited November 2008
    Hey, Animal Crossing is pretty fun.
  • edited November 2008
    Clearly you misread the tone of my post. I was trying to be congratulatory, because halvico obtained and played an ryan game, all while shrugging off commitment. Moxious!
  • edited November 2008
    I'm sorry that the tone of my post came off as this. My post was sort of directed towards Hlavco. Sorry if I came off as offensive, sarcastic-sounding, or judging.
  • edited November 2008
    Ahh, now I feel bad.

I should have just said that I like animal crossing, instead of falsely correcting you. Besides I'm really not in a appropriate position to be picking on people (yes even neophytes) so you don't have to worry about that.

Edit: and you didn't sound mean, just defensive of animal crossing.
  • edited November 2008
    I just wanna know why Blob-Of-Evil can't spell my name.
  • edited November 2008
    Your DeviantArt confused me to the point of no return.
  • edited November 2008
    But there's no i in any of my names!
  • edited November 2008
    But it's pronounced with an "i!"
    The H is silent. I pronounce it like Lavik.
    ('a' as in 'map' )
  • edited November 2008
    Really? I always pronounced it just as it's spelled.
  • edited November 2008
    But in the Latin alphabet, 'Jehovah' begins with an 'I'!
  • edited November 2008
    Behemoth wrote: »
    Really? I always pronounced it just as it's spelled.

Well, my last name, Hlavac, is pronounced Lavic. Hlavco is therefore pronounced Lavco.
  • edited November 2008
    It sounds scandinavian in origin
  • edited November 2008
    Czechoslovakian.
  • edited November 2008
    Do you like hockey? Its a pretty common sport in Slavic Countries. The NY Rangers are number 1 in the Eastern Conference right now.