News: Playing Video Games on Video Game Consoles

edited January 2009 in Zelda Comic
One of my resolutions was to try and update this news feed-turned-blog more often, so that you guys have something to come back for while you wait for a new comic.

I finally bit the bullet the other day and bought Zelda II for Virtual Console! True, I already owned it for NES, GameCube (via Zelda Collector's Edition) and a Japanese Famicom Mini cartridge for Game Boy Advance, but the allure of convenience of play on the console that gets powered on the most was ultimately too much to pass up.

Plus, I was able to sort-of pass it off as research for the comic. I couldn't remember which town was which, and decided I'd have more fun playing through the first few palaces of the game than looking up the information on GameFAQs for ten seconds. I was right! In the end my initial recollection of town names was actually correct, but hey, nothing wrong with a little first-hand confirmation.

Hey Nintendo! Allow us to play Virtual Console and WiiWare games on SD cards already! I need to pick up the other episodes of Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People post-haste.

Comments

• edited January 2009
    I have yet to buy it. I'm catching up on the legendary games I've never played as a young child or prebirth. I'm already done with OoT, but I'll probably do LttP next. What do you think?

On SD card saving, I kinda wish the SD card would serve more as a memory card, because I always want to take my character save data to my friend's house, but it's depressing that I can't.
  • edited January 2009
    I had always assumed the Wii Remote's ability to save Miis would carry over to automatically holding one's save data for visits to other people's houses. The Wii is starting to stand for "missed opportunities" in my mind.
  • edited January 2009
    Maybe the big "N" is planning to re-relaese the Wii with these added features. You know, like when Sony slimmed the PS2. Hope I can exchange and do a software transfer to keep my save data, though.
  • edited January 2009
    Cool! Not sure what that has to do with the thread though. We've got an introductory thread if you'd like to say hello to the forum properly.
  • edited January 2009
    Just as a heads up, Mario is a real :police: in the Zelda forums. Stay on topic or ELSE.

Edit: Oh shi- I mean, I love playing video games on video game consoles! I have Ocarina of Time on my Virtual Console, and I like to play that!
  • edited January 2009
    Yeah, I'm currenetly playing Super Mario RPG
  • edited January 2009
    I currently have The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventures of Link and The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time on my wii, despite owning the latter on my N64.

However, I can't beat the first dungeon in Zelda II and I want Majora's Mask, so I'm not a happy bunny.
  • edited January 2009
    I am finally getting to play Master's Quest! Despite preordering Windwaker, I was never given a copy. But my roommate has it, so now I can! It amuses me that I'm playing an n64 game on the Wii without the use of the virtual console.
  • edited January 2009
    But you aren't really playing the original Ocarina of Time. Master Quest had slightly edited dungeons to make it more challenging.
  • edited January 2009
    REALLY? You don't say.

For me the main difference was the sad lack of pro Islamic subliminal messages.
  • edited January 2009
    Erm, neither game had pro-Islamic subliminal messages, the fire temple simple had a line from the Qur'an in it chanted over the background music.