preparing to fade into the ether...

the devorevo.net domain is coming up for renewal, and i don't think i'm going to renew it. i never really had a good plan for how devolution revolution would come to pass. the whole project was launched primarily because shawn wanted me to make a poster and i opted to make something based on original content over zelda comic. clearly trying to push an idea that wasn't ready for primetime into the fray was not a good plan, as i haven't made any real serious thought about the project since originally setting up the site.

the other comic projects i made under the domain (matt and mario, apple cow) will either be moved to the dot matrix blog or kept as forum-only entities. someday i hope to make a comic i can truly call my own that might rival the popularity of zelda comic, but devo revo wasn't it.

sorry for leading you on for all these years!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    What was this comic about, anyway?
  • edited July 2009
    fuck if i know.
  • edited July 2009
    Can we make up our own plots?
  • edited July 2009
    please do!
  • edited July 2009
    I've been spurred to re-read other threads of this forum long forgotten. There was an interesting discussion about pokemon and soul-stealing pokeballs and a link to a comic I had totally forgotten.

Thoughts of what might-have-been for devo revo swirl through my mind as I type. Perhaps more on that later.
  • edited July 2009
    Double post of crazy made up plots:

OK, after becoming utterly frustrated with some video games, the boy deems that he should just give them up. He swears that it will happen and proceeds to cut himself off cold-turkey style. He quickly finds his productivity climbing and gets a summer job and everything, but he starts to feel ever more empty. Then when the soul crushing bordem is just about to destroy him, through some manner of incident he gains the ability to manifest things from old video games. Well, there goes the "no video games" kick. These creatures and objects disappear in the presence of other people which leads to some wacky hijinx. Although, no longer bored, he begins to go crazy. Then he crosses paths with a girl at work who he kinda likes. Naturally he MUST try to explain the crazy video game thing to her and somehow make her of all people believe! If only she could SEE them...

Hows that for a boilerplate goofy comic pitch?
  • edited July 2009
    And then they decide to fight crime.

(Fun Fact: According to IMDB there has never been a movie entitled "They Fight Crime". This must be remedied as soon as possible.)
  • edited July 2009
    But what would it be about?
  • edited July 2009
    I think it's supposed to be a very deep, enigmatic title. It only makes sense after seeing the movie and engaging in deep philosophical dialogue with others.
  • edited July 2009
    OK I'll take a shot at this too...

Two skilled criminals have a disagreement after working as a team for some time. They split up and quickly they each rise to power individually. They become crime bosses each, and both seek to monopolize crime in the area which leads to a massive feud that ends in the destruction of them both and much of the scummier populace.