Let's make a freaking cake

edited July 2023 in Food and Recipes
Now, what kind of cake are we gonna make?

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Delicious cake
  • edited September 2009
    The kind that isn't a lie.
  • edited September 2009
    I just had green tea cake tonight! It tasted like green tea.

I guess I'm trying to say don't make green tea cake. Spice cake?
  • edited September 2009
    Green tea flavored food is delicious. You probably didn't have good green tea. But I say that because Hangzhou is famous in China for its Dragon Well green tea. They've been making it here for thousands of years, so they know what they're doing.

I support green tea flavored cake.
  • edited September 2009
    Carrot cake is delicious.
  • edited September 2009
    Forget cake, we're making that Oreo/Apple dessert pizza.
  • edited September 2009
    OH MY GYOZA
  • edited September 2009
    There's such thing as an oreo ice cream cake! I saw it at the store once and was like WHOA and I bought it. It was delicious.

But the Oreo/Apple/Peanut Butter cake should have to wait til our OB meet, or until anyone is balls enough to actually make it and then post it in the food thread. This is a community cake. One that is not and does not lie.

No one wants chocolate cake? But they're so yummy! Let's add a candy bar to it.
  • edited September 2009
    Whatever cake I make is gonna have some DULCE DE LECHE in it, as they usually do.
  • edited September 2009
    I demand dead fish heads in it. Preferabley the center.
  • edited September 2009
    I want live fish heads.
  • edited September 2009
    You guys are gross. I don't want to eat any cakes you make!!
  • edited September 2009
    But fish cakes are delicious! Ask Ryan.
  • edited September 2009
    Fish heads are nutritious, and if cooked right, delicious.

I support live AND cooked fish heads at the center of our chocolate, dulce de leche, green tea, carrot, spice cake.
  • edited September 2009
    Well, alright, I guess... but I'm cutting those pieces out of any slice I eat. Grody.

Would anyone mind if we put strawberries on top?
  • edited September 2009
    Only if they've got fish heads in them. or maybe head fins.
  • godgod
    edited September 2009
    Let's just splice some fish DNA with strawberries, like with tomatoes. Only instead of cold resistance, they get fins and scales.
  • edited September 2009
    Is it too late to vote for a Bacon Explosion cake? You know... a bacon explosion with icing on top?
  • edited September 2009
    And a bacon bits shell!
  • edited September 2009
    I normally don't like icing, but if the icing is bacon wrapped in bacon, then I think I'll be okay with it.
  • edited September 2009
    So we're just going to fashion a short cylinder out of bacon? How 'bout we cover it in guacamole for icing then?
  • edited September 2009
    So, do we call this "Cake-on" or "Bac'n'cake"?
  • edited September 2009
    Hmmm. My cake is usually something like chocolate with no frosting/icing or anything. Just fluffy chocolate. Then I put ice cream on it. Simple. Also: yummy.

But this "Bac'n'cake" idea sounds great. A heart-attack in every bite!

EDIT: If it involves bacon, it's been done.
  • edited September 2009
    I've tasted Bacon Explosions and agree that they are amazing; but as a cake? That honestly sounds pretty horrifying.
  • edited September 2009
    NoLonger wrote: »
    So we're just going to fashion a short cylinder out of bacon? How 'bout we cover it in guacamole for icing then?

No no no, my wed white and bwue fwiend.... you think so small! A bacon explosion was linked somewhere else on the forums... it's a lattice of bacon covered with a pound of sausage, wrapped into a cylinder, covered with some sort of sauce, and then smoked to perfection.

Guac as icing sounds AMAZING. Killer idea.
  • edited September 2009
    Agree'd to the guacamole comment. Wasn't a meatloaf cake also linked somewhere here before?

Edit: Awesome
  • edited September 2009
    Erotic cake.
  • edited September 2009
    Well, all it needs for that is a little extra icing.
  • edited September 2009
    Strategically-placed, of course.
  • edited September 2009
    Has no one considered making cupcakes? They combine everything that's great about cakes, with the convenience of cups.