Whoa! That's just freaking CRAZY

edited July 2012 in General
I hereby make this thread reserved for the tellings of odd occasions. Wtf moments galore.

Tonight I was facebook chatting it up with someone I've been sitting next to in my biology class the past month or so, and I figured out (through facebook stalking) that she's from the same city Eric lived in when he was little. I also noticed that she was the same age as him! So I asked her if she went to the same elementary school, and, crazy enough, she actually had! After talking a little while (and some facebook stalking on her part), she definitely remembers him, and is pretty sure they went to first grade together.

Small world! Anyone else had anything completely bizarre happen to them lately?

Comments

• edited October 2009
    I have one that I just remembered.

I was in Chicago preparing for my Chinese visa a few years ago. I was taking the trains from my friend's house down to the office, and this one guy started talking to me. He thought he recognized me from somewhere, because I was wearing a shirt from my college, and he knew someone from there. It turns out he was mistaken.

He kept talking with me, and in passing he mentioned his cousin, who happened to have my same name, who just recently got married to a girl the other week. I thought that was strange, I knew a girl from high school with the same name of his cousin's fiancee who just got married around that time also to a dude named Ryan. She was a good friend of mine, and we used to hang out quite a bit back in the day.

It turned out that although he didn't know me like he thought he did, his cousin just got married to a friend of mine. I confirmed this with my friend on Facebook a few days later, and she said she met him before. Fun stuff.
  • edited October 2009
    I don't ordinarily watch football, but I happened to be at my parents' yesterday and caught the end of the Dallas v. Kansas City game. Dallas made a pretty good play during overtime and the announcers mentioned the guy's name, which sounded awfully familiar. So when I got home I looked him up and sure enough, I knew the guy in high school.
  • edited October 2009
    Miles Austin, or Tony Romo?
  • edited October 2009
    Tashard Choice, actually.
  • edited October 2009
    Oh come on, that name sounds made up
  • edited October 2009
    Well yeah, it was made up by his parents.
  • edited October 2009
    My aunt recently got a Facebook and sent me a message asking how long I've been dating Matt. Apparently she's known Matt's parents since she was in high school. Matt's parents were at my aunt and uncle's wedding back in '94.
  • edited October 2009
    You're practically cousins!
  • edited October 2009
    Hell yes.
  • edited October 2009
    Nah uh. No three headed babies for me.
  • godgod
    edited October 2009
    Why not? Human evolution has slowed to a crawl, that could be just the jump start we need.
  • edited October 2009
    There is already a two headed girl. You have to beat them and make a real life human hydra. You two are the only ones who can.

Tak, you better get seducing. Now.
  • edited October 2009
    They're nineteen, Ryan. I think they qualify as two headed women, now. Man, I saw them on Oprah when they were like five.
  • edited October 2009
    Well, actually, you two dating probably wouldn't do anything bad... it usually takes multiple generations for the bad things to kick in. Nature has foiled you, Ryan.
  • edited July 2012
    Just browsing the forums, time for some necrothreading.

I once had to unhook my mum's dog who was hanging off a garden fence by his foreskin.
  • edited July 2012
    It's taking a noticeable effort to resist that mental image.
  • edited July 2012
    My family was walking around an unfamiliar town, looking for a place to eat, when they see a man walking down the sidewalk towards them. They ask him for directions, and he tells them about a few nearby spots. They thank him, and he says goodbye, then turns around and walks back in the direction he came from, as though the sole purpose of his walk had been to give directions to some random strangers.
  • edited July 2012
    You found an NPC! If you walked up to him again he'd probably say the same thing, word for word.