What we're playing now.

edited December 2013 in Games
I looked around a bit, and in that short time I couldn't find a thread specifically reporting on and discussing games we've been playing recently.

Anyways, over this winter break I've been playing lots of Mirrors Edge (it has the lamest ending ever by the way), Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (say "three-hundred fifty-eight half days." They managed to make it pretty close to a PS2 experience by the way, impressive on a DS) and Borderlands, (which is very very fun.)
{EDIT: Oh, and this flash game.}

You guys had any time to play anything recently? What do you think of the games I've been playing? Anyone up for some co-op on Borderlands PC some time?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    I've been playing a bit of Dungeon Siege 2 on my own time, played some Mario Bros Wii since my sis got it for Christmas and brought it over to play.
    Played a little n I guess too. With my friends I played some Titan Quest, some Age of Empires II, and some Left 4 Dead (original). Also played a game of Munchkin and a game of Settlers of Catan on the non-video part of gaming. Eyeing up Torchlight at this moment. $10 is an enticing price. If only it was multiplayer...
  • godgod
    edited January 2010
    I think its actually "three-hundred fifty-eight days over two". I have it, and I've been playing it some, but I can't get into it the same way I did the previous games. It's probably because I accidentally read some major spoilers before it was released, kinda kills the suspense.

I've also been playing Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor on the DS. I'm not very far in, but its been good so far, pretty much exactly what I would expect from the Megaten games. I've also been playng Starcraft alot, I'm trying to actually get through the Zerg campaign in Brood Wars without having to resort to codes by the third level, but its not looking promising. Zerg are the worst race for me.
  • edited January 2010
    I'm playing Dragon Age: Origins. It's like Mass Effect with dragons.
  • edited January 2010
    I've been up to Borderlands, Left 4 Dead 2, and Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 (which I have spent a very unhealthy amount of time playing).
  • edited January 2010
    I watched somebody play Twilight Princess yesterday! I haven't been playing VGs lately. FFVI was the most recent one I was playing regularly. I just started up playing M:tG again - but that's not a video game at all! :D
  • edited January 2010
    Just got through a huge spree a few weeks ago... God of War 2, Ratchet & Clank, Gears of War, then I started up Fallout 3 and got maybe halfway through. Then I bought myself Brutal Legend, Blue Dragon, Dragon Quest: Swords, and Ratchet & Clank Going Commando with Christmas gift cards. Just finished Brutal Legend... it was AMAZING, if a little short. I would stay and do some of the completion stuff maybe, but I've got an itch to play those other three. Now I have to decide which one...
  • edited January 2010
    DJ Hero heck yes.

A friend let me borrow it while I was house sitting for my uncles, so I don't have it anymore... but eh. It was entertaining enough.

I'm not near as into video games as I used to be. The only games I've played in the past year or so is Guitar Hero and old Zelda games, with a little bit of Super Smash Bros. Brawl occasionally if my roommates were up to it.

Now I'm giving back the wii I've had for the past few months though, so my VGing will decrease even more next semester. All my apartment has is a Gamecube and an N64.

I wish I had a 360...
  • edited January 2010
    I've been playing Beatles Rock Band fairly exclusively, with a little Rock Band 1 and 2 mixed in when I need to play some JoCo.
  • edited January 2010
    World of Warcraft with an expat guild. Fun times.
  • edited January 2010
    mario wrote: »
    I've been playing Beatles Rock Band fairly exclusively, with a little Rock Band 1 and 2 mixed in when I need to play some JoCo.

Yeah me too! I love doing bass, it's my first Rock Band but I've already gotten decent at it.

...and I bought Spirit Tracks.
  • edited January 2010
    I've been playing Beatles Rock Band and Rock Band 2 for the 360, and Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story on the DS. I have New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Rhythm Heaven for the DS but I haven't really started on those yet.
  • edited January 2010
    Recently I have been playing Bioshock, Fallout 3, and Defcon.
  • edited January 2010
    Been playing Left 4 Dead 2, Heroes of Newerth, Team Fortress 2, and a little Kingdom Hearts 365/2. And I never really stop playing Rock Band 1/2/Beatles.
  • edited January 2010
    For some reason, an xbox live indie game called Miner Dig Deep.
  • edited January 2010
    Oh, I also recently played Loom and Braid, both 5 bucks on Steam. Both were good buys, though Braid was significantly more challenging than Loom.
  • edited January 2010
    I'm playing Macromedia Fireworks MX, this game rocks! But I still haven't figured out the objective.
  • edited January 2010
    I've been playing New Super Mario Wii a lot recently. I'm not sure if the game is real hard or if I just suck at Mario, but I'm leaning towards the latter.
  • edited January 2010
    I've heard it's supposed to be really effing hard, so I don't think it's you.
  • edited January 2010
    Really? When I was playing it with my sister and her husband around Christmas time I found it to be delightfully challenging, but not THAT hard. Honestly the tough part is learning to work with other people. Or maybe I'm just pretty damn good at old-school Mario games or something.
  • edited January 2010
    With others playing Beatles Rock Band, we should have a jam session some time.
  • edited January 2010
    I got done with Ratchet & Clank Going Commando and Fallout 3, so I decided to use the last of my birthday money to buy Darksiders. It's pretty sweet. It's got the dungeon exploration, you-can't-go-this-way-til-you-get-new-gear world style, and powerup collection of Zelda and combat somewhere between Devil May Cry and God of War. I just started it but I'm enjoying it.
  • edited February 2010
    I know some of you are playing Bioshock 2 now. I never finished the first one since I never owned the game :( BUT I just recently found a nice boy who agreed to let me play whenever I visit. I'm excited to actually beat the game for once!!

How's the sequel lookin so far??
  • edited February 2010
    I'm actually playing Bioshock 1 at the moment. I'm doing a quick run through to get the story fresh in my mind before I play #2. I'll let you know hopefully in a couple days. You're also welcome to play here if you find yourself in China.
  • edited February 2010
    hahaha, thanks Ryan. I might take you up on that offer, just as soon as I find a ticket to China.
  • edited February 2010
    So, is anyone else playing Bioshock 2? I am nearing the end of the game, so I'm wondering who else is playing.
  • edited February 2010
    I'd have to play the first one first...

I've still been playing Dungeon Siege 2 here and there yet with some FF3j at times and L4D2 via LAN when the friends are over. Titan Quest is still a go but has entered the phase in which we start modding it.

Little kids occasionally use my Wii. As you can expect basically ALL my Wii stuff is completely trashed. Otherwise I'd probably have gotten some more Wii games by now.
  • edited February 2010
    So I beat Bioshock 2 this morning, and I have to say that overall I was very impressed. Has anyone else been playing this game? I want to talk about it, but I don't want to spoil anything if no one else has gotten around to playing it yet.
  • edited February 2010
    I haven't... I don't have any money to buy games now, especially since I still have several on my to-do list.
  • edited February 2010
    hmm. This just tells me I need to play more Bioshock.
  • edited February 2010
    I only ever played the first one, and that was because I found it for about 10 bucks used. I'd be very willing to take with you about it, but I'm afraid that you'll have to wait about 2 years.

edit: also holy shit 1000 posts. I'm never posting again.