American goodies?

edited July 2023 in Food and Recipes
Vienna and I have come over all queer and decided we want to try American confectionary.

Therefore would anyone, on theit next trip to the supermarket be willing to pick a few things up and sens them to the UK?

Namely, we're looking for the following:

Kool-aid
Lucky charms
Reese's pieces

Any other suggestions of good American candy as well?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Biscuits. I don't mean those cookies you people call biscuits, I mean real, honest to goodness, thick and fluffy, southern style, served-with-gravy-or-butter breakfast rolls. Not candy, but delicious and I understand you don't have them over there.

Other than that, I don't know what forms of delicious the UK lacks.
  • edited June 2010
    HA!! Bringing out Texas full front. I like it! Biscuits and gravy are indeed freaking amazing.

More importantly, you don't have reese's pieces?? That's incredibly sad!

I'm thinking to think of 'American' things I mack on... do you guys have Fruit by the Foot? It's hard to suggest things because I don't know what you have and don't have
  • edited June 2010
    Do you have any Reese's candies? Do you have Frankenberry or Booberry cereal? Go here and tell us what you want.
  • edited June 2010
    See, i thought frankenberry wasn't real. Does count chocula really exist?

We have reese's cups and nutrageous bars, but not Reese's pieces.

Those take 5 things sound delicious to me.
  • edited June 2010
    Frankenberry and Count Chocula are totally real. Have you had Reese's Puffs for breakfast? Those have absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever, and they're amazing.
  • edited June 2010
    Reese's?!?

....for breakfast?!?!?!
  • edited June 2010
    Reese's?!?

....for breakfast?!?!?!

It's more likely than you think.
  • edited June 2010
    Next you're going to suggest someone might have cookies for breakfast!
  • edited June 2010
    Cookies.png

I have this on my photobucket account. I do not have the foggiest idea when or why the hell I made it.

Also: Cookie Crisp may be the best worst idea ever.
  • edited June 2010
    Get. Out.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm kookoo for Cookie Crisp.

Wait, that doesn't sound right.
  • edited June 2010
    Silly Serephel, Cookie Crisp are for kids!
  • edited June 2010
    More companies should lurk on the OB, there've been plenty of great suggestions these last few days!
  • edited September 2010
    Seriously, American Goodies.

A shop near us sells a box of Lucky Charms for £7 a box (about $10.50) and I bet, even with shipping on a few things, a box of the real American stuff would work out cheaper.

So, anyone willing to do a brother a favour?

EDIT: Also, I didn't make it clear, but I'd pay for the items and their shipping.
  • edited September 2010
    Shipping for a box of Lucky charms would be at least $20. It's almost definitely gonna be cheaper to order online. Go to the Hershey's page. If you really think it's worthwhile, make a list and I can mail you some candy.
  • edited September 2010
    You might be interested in this:

Cereal Marshmallows
  • edited September 2010
    Seriously, this is why America is fat.
  • edited September 2010
    And this is why Americans have such a hard time in basic composition classes.
  • edited September 2010
    I wouldn't trust that food. It just screams weird guy with poor hygiene picking out marshmallows by hand, maybe taking a quick break to pick his nose, then scooping them by hand into dirty ziplock bags.
  • edited September 2010
    I could do that for a living. I'd throw in ball scratching for free.
  • edited September 2010
    Anybody wanna send some Sour Patch Kids to me in Ireland?