MP3 player suggestions (ATTN:Drooling Iguana)

edited July 2023 in Tech
My iPod of some years has after a long convalescence passed away. I desperately need something to fill that void, so I'm shopping around for some mp3 players. I'm interested in finding some alternatives to the iPod, as its price is not very appealing to me. Any suggestions gang? Under $100 is ideal, but I also be at a goddamn family reunion in Bumblefuck, TX next weekend so I'll almost buy whatever at this point. For reference I'll be syncing it with MediaMonkey on Windows XP Service Pack 2

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Most phones will do the MP3 thing now adays... that is, if you're looking for a terribly expensive new phone too.
  • edited July 2010
    I have a Blackberry with a headphone jack, but I only bought the 1GB memory card and it's full to the brim with pictures of my penis
  • edited July 2010
    Why am I named in the title? All I've got for a portable audio player is a years-old iRiver with 512mb of Flash memory that runs on a single AAA battery (that can't be charged via USB.) I've pre-ordered a Pandora to replace it but it'll be months before the second batch starts shipping.
  • edited July 2010
    I have a Sansa Clip. It's got 2 or 3GB, and I'm pretty sure you can add a miniSD card if you need more than that. They're really cheap, like thirty-nine bucks or something, and they also store files and play FM radio. My older one had a mic on it, not sure if this one does.
  • edited July 2010
    Why am I named in the title? All I've got for a portable audio player is a years-old iRiver with 512mb of Flash memory that runs on a single AAA battery (that can't be charged via USB.) I've pre-ordered a Pandora to replace it but it'll be months before the second batch starts shipping.

You're named because my original thread included some delusion about salvaging my ipod by installing an alternate operating system, but I soon decided that it was beyond that. I need to proofread better.

Pandora looks cool, though.
  • edited July 2010
    Have you considered a refurbished iPod? Save a little money, get full warranty, and they have current-generation units available. Check it!

Also, you know someone who works for Apple and could get you a discount on a brand-spankin' new iPod.
  • edited July 2010
    Have you ruled out jumping and killing some random passerby with headphones in their ears?
  • edited July 2010
    Chances are the MP3 will be full of crap songs if he does that.