Upcoming Brew Speculation Thread

edited February 2011 in Witch's Brew
Is there one of these currently in progress? If not, would anyone be averse to me starting one? Sorry, I'm still rather new and don't quite know what I am and am not allowed to do.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Oh, it's been my turn since April of '09.
  • edited August 2010
    Is there any way I could join in, then, or should I wait for the next one?
  • edited September 2010
    I think you can just get some people together and start one whenever. I don't really know the Official Procedure except that it involves emailing Geoff a lot.
  • edited September 2010
    Okay, great!

...um, which one is Geoff?
  • edited September 2010
    The instructions! And also the list of brews in progress so you can berate whoever's holding them up. If you need any help I'd be glad to brewticipate in your brewscapades.
  • edited September 2010
    Alright, I think I'll just start a new one instead of trying to squeeze into any old ones. One more can't hurt, after all!

A few quick questions:
    1 - What is the proper way for acquiring volunteers? Do I post a thread, do I email around, or do I randomly show up at people's houses at night with a rusty butcher knife and a baseball bat?
    2 - How are those little blurbs of text to the side of the panels properly done? Do we send those in with the panel, or are they added later?
    3 - How are the comic names determined? Do all the creators brainstorm one once the comic is complete, or is one person assigned to slap one on there and call it a night?
  • edited September 2010
    1 - People form brew crews of their own accord. We can do it with just two people or you can find more sympathetic brewmeisters (I'd recommend at least three people total for a more enjoyable experience, since you'll be privy to a smaller percentage of the total panels (2/3 instead of 3/4)).
    2 - The blurbs are post-comic commentary. We'll append those once the comic is uploaded.
    3 - The names are the very last creation, usually inspired by reading through the finished product. It's usually named by whoever uploads the comic.
  • edited February 2011
    Hey, can you ask Geoff if he got that brew panel I sent him? I had to use what I assume is his normal email address because his witchsbrew.org email wouldn't let me send for some reason.
  • edited February 2011
    Weird about the email. I'll PM you his normail (normal mail).