121st!

edited May 2006 in 6:35
I have that box of letters and old photos and such. It's sitting at the top of my closet, and if you listen very quietly, you can almost hear it ticking.

I call it "Pandora's Box."

-- Nato

Comments

• edited April 2006
    yes, yes, we all have boxes of crappy poems that our crappy high-school boyfriends gave us. there's no need for melodrama! stef's comic has its usual subtlety and doesn't warrant such an angsty response.

/bitch mode

great comic, stef! the trick is to keep these boxes in your childhood bedroom in such a messy closet that you--or anyone else--will never find them again.
  • edited April 2006
    I think I'm lucky in that the only drama involved with me cleaning out my cupboards is the possibility of attack by tightly-packed junk.

Am I the only one reminded of comic 13 by the knitting on the floor?

And the bowling ball bag. It's like stealth continuity.
  • edited April 2006
    wow, you're really observant! or have you jsut read every 6:35 like six zillion times?
  • edited April 2006
    I remember the gist of most of them, I had to look up the number though.
  • edited April 2006
    i remember the gist too, but not the little details necessarily. do you have some sort of robotic photographic memory?
  • edited April 2006
    Yes.

I keep it in the beard.
  • edited April 2006
    i wonder what else you have hiding in there.
  • edited April 2006
    Mostly just food.

And bear-traps.
  • edited April 2006
    Nato, congratulations for even finding this update to start a thread, since things have been so erratic with this comic lately. Was it through RSS? Did that work properly?

After reading this thread, I realized that the advent of email has done quite a bit to cut down on introspection-spawning "discoveries" in one's closet. I know I've written a lot of melodramatic emails to a lot of pen-pals, but after three hotmail erasures and two Penn State email address resets, I have only the few that I bothered to print out from a computer lab. I don't know whether this gap in my personal archives is a good thing or a bad thing.
  • edited April 2006
    I check the comic every day, habitually. Just like I do Zelda Comic, L33tpixelz and Spelling.

Why?
  • edited April 2006
    I have a box too. But it's not full of crappy poems from high-school boyfriends.

But I do have a box and it's full of really important things, or things i thought were really important at the time I put them there. I opened it up last week when I was cleaning my room and I found a chunk of volcanic rock the size of my fist. Anyway, it's in there now and I have no idea where it came from.
  • edited April 2006
    A volcano.
  • edited April 2006
    Hamelin wrote:
    I check the comic every day, habitually. Just like I do Zelda Comic, L33tpixelz and Spelling.

Why?

Hey!
  • edited April 2006
    mario wrote:
    Hey!

I don't think Hamelin meant "Why do I do this", but rather, "Why do you ask". To me. For asking about RSS.

The reason I asked is that I've been chided for screwing up the code for the RSS feature lately, and I wanted to know if it was working. After I posted, I realized I was being a moron and just, you know, checked http://www.sixthirtyfive.635.xml. Sure enough, I screwed up the RSS again. To make matters worse, there was a glaring spelling error in it that JC has helped me to fix. I won the second grade spelling bee, dammit. How low I've sunk.
  • edited April 2006
    No, I'm pretty sure I meant "Why do I do this?" It's pretty much just directed at Q and Elliott.
  • edited April 2006
    You're either an optimist or a masochist.

I'd hope for masochist, it's the saner option.
  • edited April 2006
    Oh. Yeah, Hamelin, why do you do that?
  • edited April 2006
    Maybe he just has them in his list of bookmarks and he just tells the browser to open all bookmarks in a "comics" folder into new tabs. Well, I believe Opera can do that anyhow.
  • edited April 2006
    Firefox can too, I have like 30 comics in this folder. I suppose I could remove those comics, but what can I say? I'm an optimist.
  • edited April 2006
    You sick bastard.
  • edited April 2006
    I do the exact same thing as Hammy....yeah, you're definitely crazy.
  • edited April 2006
    Yep, I've got 6:35 on my bundle of daily comics sites to check -- sorry, haven't seen whether RSS is workin' -- which admittedly represents a certain abundance of optimism.

It wasn't meant to be angsty, Leesh. I'd just recently been reading Neil Gaiman, and it rubbed off a bit. (=

-- Nato
  • jcjc
    edited April 2006
    Is "I'd just recently been reading Neil Gaiman" supposed to come off as less angsty? I guess the (= helps, but you might as well have said "Sorry, I was just listening to Bauhaus and smoking some cloves."
  • edited April 2006
    Whaaaat? I don't know how most people read Neil Gaiman, but I'm usually pretty happy when I read his books. I find them funny and cheerful and very amusingly sensible, even when they're telling you about the scary bits.

-- Nato
  • edited April 2006
    you just sounded so . . . teenage gothy. i think that is the point !!!!!! is raising.
  • edited April 2006
    This thread is all about distancing ourselves from teenage gothiness! DISTANCE, friends! Let's all do the college post-goth thing and go to a bar and yell "Yay Sports!"
  • edited April 2006
    ...goth scares me.
  • edited April 2006
    ...sports scare me.
  • edited April 2006
    But Goth Sports sound really freakin' amusing.
  • edited April 2006
    American Gods was really boring. I haven't read any of the rest of Gaiman's stuff, but American Gods sucked.

Also, Mirrormask's plot was completely incoherant.