SoundCloud

edited July 2023 in Music
Over a decade ago, I used to (via Zelda Comic) host a collection of songs and ditties I’d created in MOD tracker software (and later, a Mac OS 9 version of Logic), little covers of video game tunes mostly but also some original music. However, a major website overhaul resulted in the song page and all associated music disappearing...

More...

SoundCloud link

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Sorry, I just can't take you seriously until you sign with a big-time label like Dappled Records.
  • edited January 2013
    hlavco wrote: »
    Sorry, I just can't take you seriously until you sign with a big-time label like Dappled Records.

Don't listen to him. No one likes a sell out. I was listening to Mario before it was cool.
  • edited January 2013
    My kazooing antics are nowhere near the level of quality they look for at Dappled.
  • edited January 2013
    I've added the tracks I created for the hit Galigo Games classic "Get A Life: A New Life". (Blink made it! We talked about it this one time!)

Get A Life: A New Life (Original Soundtrack)
  • edited January 2013
    https://soundcloud.com/vague-form

bam. (side note - if you've never heard one/won ... go to my soundcloud immediately and scroll all the way down.)
  • edited January 2013
    I'm so glad Vague Form and one/won have found a place on Internet again!
  • edited January 2013
    Interesting stuff. I kind of like it.

On a different note I am slightly irritated by SoundCloud's awkward attempt at font embedding that badly messes up all the text in my browser of choice and moreso surprised the site doesn't seem to work at all in IE9. Their new site needs more work.
  • edited January 2013
    People still use IE?
  • edited January 2013
    They do! At least they aren't still using IE6. If they were, they'd be dead to me and thus not exist, therefore nobody is using IE6 anymore.
  • edited January 2013
    The newest IEs aren't bad. They've got this fancy font system that makes most text look really nice. Also they aren't as terrible with web standards as they used to be. However, my browser of choice is Pale Moon, which is basically a modified Firefox that's optimized for Windows. Also, any time Firefox updates, the Pale Moon people filter out all the crappy additions and only give us the good ones.

You know what browser I dislike? Google Chrome. Everything I code explodes in one way or another when I try to view it in Chrome. Nobody else ever seems to have this problem, the browser just hates me.
  • edited January 2013
    It's ok. I have my own Chrome issues. Many of them moral hang-ups, some just preference, and a bit just general annoyance with Google.

I'm gonna stop here. Not really the best place to chatter about browsers. I got some better threads for that.