The Re Program

edited November 2014 in Games
I figured this would be a better place to talk about my show.

I just finished the 2nd episode, check it out!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    So I've just noticed the little megamans on the window sill there. Those are super amazing. Oh, and the video's good too.

Having that actual camcorder (One assumes you did get that on account of the HD) is definitely a huge plus.

Keep up the good work.
  • edited April 2013
    Nice stuff there kiddo!
  • edited April 2013
    These are excellent. Incidentally this just makes me think of the Farcry 3: Blood Dragon game I put a video in a different thread for, except in this case this game is legitimately retro and not a corny mockery of it.
  • edited April 2013
    Thanks guys. I'm aiming at releasing an episode every other week. With all the snow storms recently, I've had a lot of time to work inside.
  • edited April 2013
    God the snow. Isn't it supposed to be spring?
  • edited April 2013

Here's the latest episode!
    I upgraded my video editor. Hopefully you guys can tell the difference in quality!
  • edited April 2013
    WOOT!

Minor Gripe: Was the lack of HD youtube taking forever to process the video (Because it does that sometimes) or cause the game was lower res?
  • edited April 2013
    I was having an issue processing the video as HD from my video editor, so I did a direct process and upload to YouTube. This is what I got. I'll figure out the issue by the next time I upload an episode.
  • edited April 2013
    Fair enough.

You've definitely got quite the show here.
  • edited April 2013
    Ok, I reuploaded a version I processed. The HD didn't happen on that one either... I'll read up on what I need to do to fix that.
  • edited April 2013
    See THIS is a game I heard of, but never played.

The spike pit joke at the end was funny, but would have been helped by some clearer signage. What was there wasn't quite impossible to miss.
  • edited April 2013
    Yeah, I did my best with what I had. I should really get a printer or something.
  • edited May 2013

Latest episode! I got a new microphone and a boom mic stand. Hopefully this improves the quality of the show.
  • edited May 2013
    The sound does seem a bit more consistent between the game footage voice-overs and the in-person shots so I'd say the new tech has helped.

Man I don't know if I actually beat Zelda 2 or not anymore. I THINK I did, but I seem to have little memory of it.
  • edited May 2013
    I found your review tough but fair, as all Zelda II reviews should be. Well done!
  • edited May 2013
    Your suggestions helped out a lot. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
  • edited May 2013

Blast Corps! I think this should be the last Rare game I talk about.
  • edited May 2013
    This is a game I always meant to play and never did. Now I regret it all the more.
  • edited May 2013
    We rented it a few times, and played it at various states of completion (for some reason we couldn't figure out how to start a new game so we just continued where the last person left off). Fun times though. It's great when a video game can be fun completely out of context.

That's also how I got into SimCity. Played it at my cousin's house with no idea where to start, began dropping zones around, and for some reason just really enjoyed myself.
  • edited May 2013
    Holding 'R' when you start up the system would take you to the data management screen. Not the best way to implement it, but they did mention it in the instruction booklet. Which you probably didn't have since you rented it.
  • edited May 2013
    The first time we rented it, it was stuck on Diamond Sands and the rest of the levels had been pretty much cleared out. We got through that level eventually, but it was rough.
  • edited May 2013
    I beat it for the first time in my life while playing it in order to get footage for the show. I was planning on just finding the other footage I needed online. Glad it didn't have to come to that.
  • edited June 2013

New episode! I'm pretty happy with this one.
  • edited June 2013
    So does the doubled order come with the second stove as well?
  • edited June 2013
    If you order it, sure.
  • edited June 2013
    New episode! I think I'm starting to get the hang of this.

• edited July 2013
    Still going strong! Hard to believe I've been doing this for 4 months now.
  • edited July 2013
    The like button DID turn green. Imagine that.

NES games were so pro at explaining things. They taught us so much...
  • edited August 2013
    Did something a bit different this week. I'm thinking I'll do these on weeks in between regular episodes so I have a more consistent release schedule.

• edited August 2013
    Ooh, some Let's Play action! I like the conversational tone during gameplay.