People are actually getting angry about the 2DS existing.

edited August 2013 in Games
I'm not surprised though. Remember when the GBA Micro totally ruined everything ever?

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Wait wait? Cheaper 3DS that's only downside is it doesn't play games in 3D!? Does it have an XL Size? If so, sign me the hell up.

Edit: Oh I see, it doesn't close either so that the kids don't break it along the hinge. That's cool and all for the kids, but never mind. I guess I'll be getting a a 3DSXL after all.

Edit 2: This thread should probably have a picture now that I think about it.

2ds-610x486.jpg

There's a blue one as well.
  • edited August 2013
    I have never owned any handheld console. I don't have feelings about this either way. I guess it would be good for the younger crowd though since there was talk that the 3D might be bad for their developing eyesight and all that. Then there's the whole lack of a hinge to break as you say. With a lower price I can see it being more attractive for parents looking to buy such a thing for their younger kids.

Still, I think it faces stiff competition from cheap tablets like a Kindle Fire for that demographic.
  • edited August 2013
    Kindle Fires don't have Fire Emblem.
  • edited August 2013
    I kinda wish I didn't have a 3DSXL now. The 3D hurts my eyes and I kind of like the tablet-like design.

Oh well. I don't think it's anything to get angry about, but I have seen some vitriol on the web.
  • edited August 2013
    XoLore wrote: »
    Still, I think it faces stiff competition from cheap tablets like a Kindle Fire for that demographic.

Well it comes out the same day the Pokemon games do. So... I don't think competition will be a problem.
    I kinda wish I didn't have a 3DSXL now. The 3D hurts my eyes and I kind of like the tablet-like design.

Yeah, it's a bit of a shame that the screens are so small and all the buttons have been moved away from the touch screen at the bottom (So that the shoulder buttons are usable), otherwise it'd be super awesome.