Hearthstone

edited May 2014 in Games
I've been getting into this a lot since I want to stop playing Magic. I enjoy me some card games, and I like the pick up and playability of this one. Anyone else play it?

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Why not both?

Yeah, I have it, but it's more of a secondary card game for me, pretty much entirely for the pick up an playability of it. I still don't play it as much as I should though.
  • edited May 2014
    Well, I spend entirely too much money on MTG. I only really need the one, so Hearthstone fills that niche for free. Plus I can actually play it with my friends who live far away from me.
  • edited May 2014
    While this is true. Magic Online is a thing. Though you do still have to pay for packs.
  • edited May 2014
    Yeah, I don't really care to buy the same cards twice over. Plus, my friends don't do Magic Online. They barely do the card game as is. I guess I'm still salty over how the last set release went for me. Either way, it's a good excuse to get out of something that was costing me a lot of money.

On the subject of Hearthstone: I just had the best win I've ever accomplished. I was up against a hunter who had buzzard/unleash the hounds'd on me after I got overzealous putting guys on the board. I put a mana wurm down and flamestriked his board, did some damage with it for a few turns and threw down a water elemental. He threw down 3 secrets to empty his hand. At this point he's at 16 life, and I'm at 6 after he hero powers me for 2. I attacked with my frost elemental, which triggered his freezing trap, and explosive trap, bringing me down to 4, luckily my wurm survives. I throw down the water elemental again, and snipe is triggered, luckily it doesn't kill it. I throw down another mana wurm, attack with my 4 power wurm, bringing him down to 12. His turn, he drops a stealth tiger, and shots me for 2, and I'm down to 2, meaning I have to win on this turn. I draw blizzard, which will buff my mana wurms. I cast it, which brings my wurms up to 5 and 2, I need to bring them up to one more power, and the only other spell I have is polymorph. I can't target his tiger with it, so I have a stroke of genius. I attack with my water elemental, bringing him down to 9, polymorph the elemental, which buffs my wurms to 6 and 3, bringing me up to the 9 damage I need to deal lethal damage for the win.

Holy shit.