E3 2014

edited June 2014 in Games
Anything awesome yet? I'll be checking out the Nintendo Digital Event at their E3 site to see what's coming up on the Wii U horizon, and Polygon's got a good page gathering all the E3 haps together for easy reference.

What are you looking forward to in the video games of the near future?

Comments

• edited June 2014
    I didn't want to get on the hype train this year. But I am all aboard for Star Fox U.
  • edited June 2014
    Splatoon looks like fun! Paintball graffiti warfare with magic squid transformations.

Honestly I'm just a little punch-drunk seeing new IP from Nintendo. Picking this up for sure.
  • edited June 2014
    Looks interesting. Not sure I trust Nintendo with a game rooted in online multi-player.

I'm happy to see Captain Toad getting his own game. I had a lot of fun with those parts in Super Mario 3D World.
  • edited June 2014
    Oh man, Toad is the character I choose in every game that has the option, so sign me UP for that game.
  • edited June 2014
    Did you get Super Mario 3D World? Toad is playable in that.
  • edited June 2014
    I didn't! But now that he's the STAR of a game, I'm extra-pumped.

Also: I feel like I'm going to spam everyone on my Wii U friend list with Mario Maker levels.
  • edited June 2014
    My buddies and I would always try to make the most complicated Mario Vs Donkey Kong maps we could, so Mario Maker is exactly the kind of thing I was looking forward to.

Palutena in SSB is cool, but I'm hoping Issac from Golden Sun makes it in.
  • edited June 2014
    WHA WHA WHA! There's gonna be another Starfox game? Wha, I don't, I... Hold on. I have to go find money and release dates.
  • edited June 2014
    I've been wanting to make Mario levels (outside of romhacks) forever! I was hoping it would use Mario 3 or Super Mario World as a base, but hey, there is always room for DLC now that Nintendo is hip with this online business.
  • edited June 2014
    I'd like it if those were separate entities so you could have flying portions of the game too. Right now it looks like each level created is going to work in old and new style graphics the same way, and since flying isn't in Mario 1, I don't think that could work.

Of course, I don't know how the game works, seeing as it isn't out yet. Let's hope I'm wrong.
  • edited June 2014
    Wouldn't be too hard for them to make a followup using other game engines/sprites. I'd love to see a Mario 2 Maker.
  • edited June 2014
    Stupid finals week at school messing me up and making me behind on cool things. This is all making me want a WiiU but I already have stuff I want to do when I actually have free time again. I did manage to watch the Nintendo stuff sorta while I was writing a paper. I actually really like the concept of the Splatoon game, but I don't know that I'd play it because of my aversion to playing competitive games, especially online with strangers. I already play LoL only in bot games while LANing it up with a couple friends.

LAN games are awesome. I think splatoon would be a great concept as a PC game for a LAN party is what I'm really thinking.
  • edited June 2014
    Beyond Smash Bros. things (I could never quit you, Smash Bros. franchise), Splatoon was probably the most exciting thing for me. But it's just nice in general seeing so many interesting things coming out for Wii U. Purchase: justified!
  • edited June 2014
    Found some Splatoon fan art. So glad Internet folks are into this game enough to fan art it based on a brief E3 trailer.

tumblr_n71o5vTnTb1qcmomlo1_1280.png