So...

edited October 2014 in General
It has apparently been nearly exactly 5 years since my last visit. Literally, it's been 4 years and 358 days according to this thingy in the top right.

5 years, goddamn.

I see names here I haven't seen in ages. I see names I do not know as well.

Just thought I'd say hi. So hi!

I am living in Florida now! I have not been to connecticon in like 3 years. I haven't made a comic in about 5 as well (I was doing a print comic for a week, it actually looked really good, maybe I'll upload it one day).

I see that Zelda Comic has ended, which is sad. While I wont lie and say that it was a daily check for me, Mario has always been a top notch fellow even when I was that whiny prick on inksandwich, so it's sad for me to see.

I'm turning 30 in a month. 30 goddamned years old. I started reading comics in the inksandwich family when I was.. 16? Maybe? 15? I don't remember, half a lifetime ago. I miss those days, they were simple and fun.

I know everyone's gone off and split up, and that's a shame. But I remember you guys, I remember the discussions we used to have. I remember, particularly, jakey getting fucked up and us having a conversation via forum posts where he made me feel really good. I remember the silliness. I dunno, I think I remember more, but I wonder how much of it my mind made up in the past 5+ years.

I probably wont be around, might not even read replies to this thread. I guess I was just feeling nostalgic and wanted to thank those of you still around for the good times. If I don't hop back any time soon, my skype name isn't hard to figure out so feel free to hit me up there, and I've got the same email I've had forever.

I guess it's a good place for me to say something profound. While it's corny, your actions, even digitally, have an impact on people. Even people you've probably forgotten about. They haven't forgotten about you entirely, they may never forget about you entirely. Keep being good, homies. See you in 2019, at the latest :)

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Hi! I still talk to you on Twitter every now and then, but it's nice to see folks post on the forum again.

Part of the reason you may not recognize some names is that I provided a brief amnesty period where people could update their forum names to whatever better describes them now. A bit confusing at times, but their identities tend to be revealed again in conversation.

In other recent forum news, I reorganized all the sub-forums! Since some of their connected sites (Zelda Comic included) have discontinued their runs, I moved those forums out of the main view, and changed up some of the general discussion groupings into more descriptive categories. Most of the forum activity is general discussion, but having it all in a single grouping makes for a gigantic backlog, so hopefully the newer categories help keep (admittedly light) conversations flowing.

Hope the next visit is in less than four years! I realize forums in general don't carry the same significance they once did, but there's always folks here happy to discuss new vidjagames, news, or profess drunken love.
  • edited October 2014
    I miss forums being a significant thing. It's kinda sad how the internet has basically melded together into like twenty big sites that everybody is on... Makes it seem way less infinite and experimental than it used to be. A game store recently opened in my town that has a Facebook page instead of an actual website. That ain't right. And now I sound old.

Like everyone else in this thread!

But yeah, you should totally stick around. The more the merrier.
  • edited October 2014
    Websites cost money, Facebook pages don't.

Though I don't know what business can't afford a couple bucks a year. I suppose server costs are a thing too.
  • edited October 2014
    Holy shit it's Noobity!! 15 years since inksandwich... good god. Glad I can still come back here and talk to at least a handful of folks still lurking around :)

I can totally understand having a facebook page instead of a full website-- most businesses would need to hire a developer to not only build but maintain the site. Facebook will probably get more views anyway.
  • edited October 2014
    Nice to see you, I barely remember you but I remember your comics. Stick around. you don't need to check more than once every few weeks, most of us don't anymore. I'm glad that generally we've all stuck around though, despite this dated social platform.
  • edited October 2014
    I just think Facebook isn't a very useful place for a business to use as their primary internet presence. That place in town I told you about had all of their contact information hidden away on a page that required a potential customer to actually log in/sign up to Facebook to access. Plus most of the page layout is generic across all Facebook-based businesses. Not good for projecting the personality of an individual business.

I guess I take for granted knowing how to do the htmls.
  • edited October 2014
    What's a guy like me who is a near total Luddite about all the fancy social medias supposed to do?! I think more people should know how to use html and css at least a little, so they can make some sort of actual website.

Also I've been 30 for a while. Stop being so young Noobity.
  • edited October 2014
    As long as I'm never as old as Shawn I'll be happy I guess.

Also: Screw facebook. If your web presence isn't also somewhere else then my web presence isn't going to be visiting yours. It's just so intrusive. Give me a regular website any day.