122nd!

edited May 2006 in 6:35
I am enjoying the e-stream in the third panel. And particularly the dialogue there.

However I don't have a clue what a sudoku is. Dictionary.com offers sodoku as being 'rat bite fever', but I have a feeling that's not what you were talking about.

Comments

• edited April 2006
    It's a Japanese logic puzzle.
  • edited April 2006
    I figured it had to be something like that.
  • edited April 2006
    I really liked the third panel and all the noses.
  • edited April 2006
    I hate sudoku. If I wanted to sit and solve puzzles I'd probably just write computer programs to solve them for me.
    ...Although now I just got the bright idea to make a virtual rubics cube. Then I'd put a big "Solve" button somewhere and you could watch as it twists, spins, and twirls into perfect order no matter how you mess it up.

There you have it. 6:35 is a good source of inspiration.
  • edited April 2006
    So you don't like puzzles because a computer is better at them than you are? Sucks to be you!
  • jcjc
    edited April 2006
    It's an American logic puzzle that got re-imported after becoming popular in Japan.

the more you know and all that.

I kinda hate Sudoku.

I love the comic because it reminds me of working at game stores and becoming an asshole very quickly.
  • edited April 2006
    this comic is SO TRUE!!!! i laughed a loWHAT WAS THAT CANT HEAR YOU OVER THE STEAM

-- <3 Asshole :)
  • edited April 2006
    mario wrote:
    So you don't like puzzles because a computer is better at them than you are? Sucks to be you!

The computer would be no "better" at them than I tell it to be. After all, I would be the one writing the code that figures out how to solve the puzzles in the first place. Therein is where I would draw my amusement. If I solve a sudoku puzzle, I will have solved all sudoku puzzles. After that it just becomes a matter of going through the paces to solve them. Wash, rinse, repeat. There is no joy in that.
  • edited April 2006
    I understand, x'olore. I spent about a full hour tryign to monitor kids during a test, and figuring out the sudoku. And yes, once you figure out one, the rest are pretty much the same.

Try an oddly shaped one. They're way more fun. Easy programming doesn't do shit.

ALSO: part of the fun is, after you've figured out how to do them, to do them as quickly as you can. Time yourself. It does make it more interesting.
  • edited May 2006
    awesome comic, and so truly true. stef, you really nail the plight of the service industry employee.
  • edited May 2006
    I wanted to see what the original would be like with more hobo-babies:
  • edited May 2006
    Hooch sauce 4TW.
  • edited May 2006
    Hahahaha. Oh hobo babies. IF ONLY Starbucks offered them instead of their new breakfast sandwiches.
  • edited May 2006
    Do they have a suggestion box?
  • edited May 2006
    Satan frequents Starbucks.

http://jacesan.livejournal.com/72057.html
  • edited May 2006
    Satan gave me a taco.
  • edited May 2006
    Me too...with extra fire-sauce packets. :)