Episode 4: May 9th, 2006

Episode four has been hijacked... for SCIENCE! Jon mans the helm in this long-delayed episode, tackling a broad variety of topics from the other side of the globe!

Comments

• edited May 2006
    Go Jon! Tackle those topics! Also, I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say we'd like more audio-driven sleeping bag updates in the future. Maybe it could be a regular feature of the podcast?
  • edited May 2006
    ??

Damn australian accent...

I can understand half of it...
  • edited May 2006
    I kind of have a cold as well.

The parts you can't understand are probably just too awesome. Or something.

Possibly the government has tampered with your ears.
  • edited May 2006
    Ooh! another podcast!
    The weather report was 100% accurate. That's what I call some High quality meteorology.
  • edited May 2006
    Oh emm gee! He read one of my poems.
  • edited May 2006
    I'm a bit too tired to fully comment right now, but I can say this. Awesome job, I second the idea of sleeping bag updates becoming a regular feature of the podcast. And perhaps the hosting duties of the podcast should be passed around from forumite to forumite so as to not burden down any one particular fellow.
  • edited May 2006
    The accent makes it sound all "sophisticated" and stuff... It's been awhile since we had one of these, and I'm happy everybody didn't just forget about it.
  • edited May 2006
    Now everyone needs to pressure Jon into making regular sleeping bag updates. Which will require regular podcasts as well, I suppose.
  • edited May 2006
    Works for me.
  • edited May 2006
    Hooray! Content is the stuff dreams are made of! I think the quick preview on upcoming SCIENCE! movies would also make for a nice semi-regular feature (maybe read off the next month's movies like you did in this one).
  • edited May 2006
    Great podcast, albeit a little hard to understand.

Good work to all involved, and free ice cream for all!
  • edited May 2006
    Hey wait, I thought you spoke British!
  • edited May 2006
    I do old chap. Colour and all that, old bean.

However,
    1: It was a bit quiet. (Much tapping of the Volume up key ensued)
    2: He has a strong australian accent.
  • edited May 2006
    Fair 'nuff. Just further proof that he's actually Australian, despite his numerous statements to the contrary.
  • edited May 2006
    Yes. My English heritage is all a lie to impress the ladies.
  • edited May 2006
    Even if the host is a full-fledged Australian, he still has english heritage, as about 90% of australians are descended from the original british convicts sent over from england in the 1800s. Just wanted to make note of that fact.
  • edited May 2006
    Way to pull a statistic out of your arse there.
  • edited May 2006
    How many would you say are descended from the old brits then?

EDIT: Turns out its 24 million. How many is that in percent?
  • edited May 2006
    Well considering there are only 20 million people living here now, that'd be over 100% of the population.

Nice work.
  • edited May 2006
    hahahahahahaa, wow.
  • edited June 2006
    This may be a fairly retarded question but I would rather like to know how to subscribe to the podcast.
  • edited June 2006
    Download itunes and go here.
  • edited June 2006
    I don't belive I could have lived a second past this moment if I didn't know what was in the sleeping bag.

I liked the podcast. I got a giggle or two. Only problem(as already stated) was the volume which I had to turn up quite a bit. I listened to some music afterwards and I nearly blew out my speakers. Not that I know what it would take to blow out my speakers nor how close I truely was to doing so but the point was that the podcast was quiet.
  • edited June 2006
    Thank you very much
  • edited July 2006
    I really like this. I would love to contribute, but I’m not much of a "community member" (Though I have been ghosting since the inksandwich era.)

EDIT: Jake, you have a very hypnotic voice (Which is a good thing.)
  • edited July 2006
    That's a long time to be ghosting. You haven't gotten so much as a slight urge to make a humorous side comment?

Also, for contributing, see: http://www.theorangebelt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18
  • edited July 2006
    When I did, I quickly lost interest, as I was an idiot (An average American.)
  • edited July 2006
    .....ShadowWeed?
  • edited July 2006
    No, I never got around to posting.
  • edited July 2006
    Yeah, I thought he was Shadowweed for a minute as well. In fact, The Machine, you seemed so accustomed to the general grammar zeitgeist of this place that I was pretty sure you were some old forum member who'd finally got around to registering a new name after the great Orange Belt crash of aught-six.