124th!

edited October 2006 in 6:35
Your latest comic, excellent as ever (hooray for the prompt notification of RSS), describes my life my alarming accuracy.

Except for cupcakes, substitute "homemade pizza," and for Sex and the City, substitute "Doctor Who." (The new, cool one.)

-- Nato

Comments

• edited October 2006
    Dude, you are amazingly quick on the draw! That comic has been up for possibly five or ten minutes!

(Completely unrelated-- the new Dr. Who is good? I'm happy to hear that. I want to watch it, but considering my Law and Order and 24 problems I'm afraid to give it a try. More TV means less comics, and less comics than I've made this year is a pretty sad state indeed.)
  • edited October 2006
    New 6:35!?! This calls for a party!
  • edited October 2006
    That comic was... kinda depressing. Good job anyhow.

I need an upbeat remix!
  • edited October 2006
    Personally, I love the depressing 6:35's, because there's still a little touch of humor that just makes me smile. I consider them to be one of the comic's trademarks, like personal monolouges.
  • edited October 2006
    Aww, come on, Hlavco. What's not upbeat about three packages of Hostess cupcakes? I wish I had three packages of Hostess cupcakes right now!

Amoeba Boy, thank you. I'm glad you like the depressing 6:35s.
  • jcjc
    edited October 2006
    Oh yeah, now I remember-- 6:35 comics are completely awesome all the time. Thanks for reminding me with this one.
  • edited October 2006
    I'm depressed because I can't see it. And it's not on the website for me, It still brings me the remixes as the latest.
  • jcjc
    edited October 2006
    124thdt0.gif
  • edited October 2006
    Thank you very much. I agree, that is quite depressing, but still a nice way to return to 6:35.
  • edited October 2006
    Huzzah! My hope for the future is rekindled.
  • edited October 2006
    *laughs hysterically*
    ...I should NOT be reading such things after 2 am. I should read this again in the morning, cause I don't think it's depressing at ALL right now. I made a sort of remix to perhaps demonstrate a change in perspective, but it seems the forum is not happy with me in regards image uploads. Well, all I really did was change it so she's smiling in the last panel. Changes the whole mood of it, ya know? Perhaps I'll make a REAL remix and/or stop being a lazy bum and upload images elsewhere.
  • edited October 2006
    What is the image upload problem? Is anyone else having this problem? (We did a bunch of forum updates, and are still keeping an eye on things.)

I'm picturing the results of such a minimal remix, and that does really change the tone of the whole comic, haha.
  • edited October 2006
    Stef wrote: »
    (Completely unrelated-- the new Dr. Who is good?)

The new Doctor Who is startlingly good, particularly because it aspires to be nothing more than gleeful, silly, child-appropriate entertainment. It's smart and sweet and -- something you don't see a lot on TV -- actually joyous. However, because the British believe that a healthy dose of brain-scarring terror does a child good, there are some delightfully creepy episodes (Dickensian zombies! Freaky gasmask children!), and because Russell T. Davies loves him some Buffy The Vampire Slayer, there are season-long story arcs and some truly terrific character moments as well. The first season starts as good, goofy fun, and ends up being really thoughtful and moving. The second season, which just started airing on American TV, promises more of the same.

-- Nato
  • edited October 2006
    God, imagine knitting a yoga mat bag and making it big enough to felt! Who has the time??? Or, really, the attention span. I knew a girl who knitted a yoga mat bag one time and it took months of dedication. Those wacky overachievers.
  • edited October 2006
    Ah, but Last Minute Knitted Gifts has a felted yoga mat in its Six to Eight Hours chapter. I didn't read the details (because there is not a single person in my life to whom I would gift a yoga mat bag), but I'm betting big fat yarn might have something to do with it.
  • edited October 2006
    Let's see if I did this right.

EDIT: Yup. Not a remix, but I think it turned out well. Enjoy.

124_color.png
  • edited October 2006
    Stef wrote: »
    Dude, you are amazingly quick on the draw! That comic has been up for possibly five or ten minutes!

(Completely unrelated-- the new Dr. Who is good? I'm happy to hear that. I want to watch it, but considering my Law and Order and 24 problems I'm afraid to give it a try. More TV means less comics, and less comics than I've made this year is a pretty sad state indeed.)
    The first (or twenty-seventh, depending on how you count them) season was 100% pure awesome, but the second was a bit more uneven. It still had some great episodes (like the Impossilbe Planet/Satan Pit two-parter, and the finale) but it had some rather crap ones, too. Also, while David Tennant seems to be at least as good an actor as Christopher Eccleston was in the role of The Doctor, his character isn't as interestingly written as it was last year. Maybe things'll get better with the new companion in season 29.
  • jcjc
    edited October 2006
    Oh, wow. Nice color.
  • edited October 2006
    Somehow, X's coloring has made it less depressing. Maybe cuz now it looks less like a noir film.
  • edited October 2006
    I guess I just don't see the point of yoga mat bags, anyway. Yoga mats are pretty portable on their own if you have at least one arm. I'm pretty sure if you're doing yoga at least one arm is required, anyway.

I agree that it's less depressing/poignant in color, but I do love how the last panel totally looks like tv glow.
  • edited October 2006
    Also, is that Hilary Parsons, Engineering Coed?

If so, poor Hilary. How very far she's fallen from her carefree days of yore.
  • edited October 2006
    Carefree days forever! I put that smile in now. And also made a blank if anyone desires to make a colored remix.
    124_color_smile.png
    124_color_blank.png
  • edited October 2006
    My typical pretentious 6:35 remix.

PS - I would have used the colored version if I had known earlier! Alas, I am too lazy to recreate.
  • edited October 2006
    Pff, I totally have the market on Hamlet dialogue in 6:35 remix comics.
  • edited October 2006
    MY COMICS ARE NOT ALL HAMLET!
  • edited October 2006
    In the second panel, I read "hand-felted mat bags" as "Hand-melted fat bags"
  • edited October 2006
    I like the depressing strips as well. Especially on days like this. o_O
  • edited October 2006
    You talking about the weather here in not-so-sunny California, or just the general suckiness of October 2? (nice to see you again, btw. ^__^)

Nato, when you hit grad school you stop being considered a 'co-ed'.
  • jcjc
    edited October 2006
    This comic is my life, except for the cupcakes.
  • edited October 2006
    Hilary Parsons, Engineering Coed is no more!

Now, witness the rise of Hilary Parsons, Graduate Student! (=

-- Nato