What the heck was up for the last few hours?

edited July 2023 in Forum Support
Everything was down, I couldn't access anything orange-beltish

Comments

• edited February 2006
    I did not have that problem, Hamelin. Did anyone else?
  • edited February 2006
    Jakey did, Lang did, and My couldn't access our site for about an hour too. Very strange.
  • edited February 2006
    During what span of hours? I only checked briefly in the evening because I worked today, and that lazy bum Mario didn't check at all.

He slept until noon. NOON.
  • edited February 2006
    Well, I went to correct a misspelling in one of my posts around 10 PM (EST), I fixed it, then when I went to write a new post nothing would load, I remember trying to hit the forums a bit before that and they didn't load, but I didn't think much about it then. I checked peridocially and nothing was loading, then my site started loading again around, oh. 2:15 AM or so. I made that post soon as I could access the forums again.
  • edited February 2006
    Yeah... it wasn't working for me for a little while.
  • edited February 2006
    I was having trouble earlier... I assumed it was my connection.
  • edited February 2006
    Yeah, same thing here.
  • edited February 2006
    The hours between about 10 pm to 2 am were especially rough for me. I had to resort to MySpace - MYSPACE - to get my internet social fix.
  • edited February 2006
    Oh man, I feel your pain. I'll try to check on the forums a little more often, but currently it seems to be running okay. With any luck, it was just a hiccup on Dreamhost's part.
  • edited February 2006
    I couldn't get on around 10pm American Central. I didn't know what to do. I was scared. I think I cried a little; I'll admit it.
  • edited February 2006
    I noticed nothing. This was eiter because I wasn't on during the down time, or my computer is just too awesome to be bothered by such trivial things such as server hiccups.
  • edited April 2008
    Yea, this happens to me now and then too. I couldn't get on for about 30 minutes earlier.
  • edited April 2008
    Blame the government, move on.
  • edited April 2008
    It's happened a few times.
  • edited April 2008
    As far as I can tell, Dreamhost intermittently craps out on some service or another. However, it is very intermittent. It's frustrating when it happens, but for some perspective, a hosting service with 99% guaranteed uptime would be down for 3.65 days combined every year, and as far as I can tell, we're down for much less total time. I report these problems to Dreamhost whenever I catch it in the act, but they usually get it resolved before they even have time to reply to my message.

Rest assured that if we ever had more than a few hours' downtime, then yeah, I'd raise a stink.