Who likes Finnish Polka?

edited July 2023 in Music
I do!

So I found this website, which is totally safe for work, you can click it, called http://www.leekspin.com . I guess the name is a pun on the less-than-savory meatspin, which I'm loathe to even put ".com" directly after because I don't want VBulletin to automatically hyperlink it.

Well the animation on the page is fine, it's Orihime from the Bleach cartoon, but that's not important. What's important is the song being played in the background. It's a loop of a (gibberish) snippet of a song by a Finnish polka quartet.

The group's name?

It's called Loituma, and they're LAVA-HOT, in my humble opinion (imho). The particular song is called Ievan Polka (or Ieva's Polka in some cases) and apparently it's well known in Finland? That's the impression I get. Well anywho, it's good stuff, like the melodic chanting of angels. It penetrates my brain, and if you can grab a CD or torrent of their stuff, I think you'd all like it.

- e n d t r a n s m i s s i o n

Comments

• edited January 2007
    I have the CD, it's pretty good.
  • edited January 2007
    i once apon a time got tricked into going to meatspin, it must have been the most disturbing joke ever done to me...but then again i guess i deserve it for not recognizing that the name was "MEAT" spin...but any way i was listening to this group and there not half bad...matter of fact there good!
  • edited January 2007
    That is disturbingly catchy.
  • edited January 2007
    And Mr. Kirchoff is CLASSY.
    (for owning the CD)
  • edited January 2007
    Oh, no, I don't own it, I just have the music.

I am not as classy as first thought!
  • edited January 2007
    I was about to be all "Finnish Poka is lame" but then I listened to it was impressed by the complete acapella of it all.
  • godgod
    edited January 2007
    I just got the meaning of the name leekspin, and realised what meatspin probably is. Also, that is some awesome polka.
  • edited January 2007
    I was rather confused why people were so amazed by something I thought had been discussed a while back. Then I remembered that I'm thinking of a different forum. Either way, this remains quite amusing.
  • edited January 2007
    You knew about this and didn't share?

Ugh.

Anyway, who remembers Nanaca Crash?
  • edited January 2007
    I suggest Finntroll.

I'd post a link to the myspace page(s), but not everyone has myspace. Just do a search, people.
  • edited January 2007
    Ok, seriously khan, I think we should stop with the spamming now...it's getting old...