117th!

edited February 2006 in 6:35
In colour no less!

Comments

• edited February 2006
    *gasp!* You forgot the "th"!

I like the sly look on her face in panel 3.
  • edited February 2006
    I know how to link images!

117th.gif
  • edited February 2006
    The "th" is there now. Phew.
  • edited February 2006
    Mario I don't know what you're talking about at all....
  • edited February 2006
    I don't know about wedding ring hands so I don't get the joke.
    But I am happy to see you're up and running again.
  • edited February 2006
    I think it's the amusing secret inner-monologue thing combined with those facial expressions that I assossiate most with STF (SixThirtyFive). It's unlike any other comic I read (and I've read quite a few), and I cherish it for it's uniqueness.
    ...Well anyhow, this strip is awsome and I dig the washed out color tones, but I am relationally inept and as lost as Waffles on the significance of which hand the ring(s) are on.

Also, I'm procrastinating a research project again. The next update better not coincide with a research project again. Two is coincidence, but three...
  • edited February 2006
    ...is a crowd?
  • edited February 2006
    I think wearing the engagement ring on the right hand is counterproductive to having the engagement ring, which should symbolize fidelity to the fiancee. Wearing it on the right hand is like saying that it's still ok for guys to make passes at her?

I think?
  • edited February 2006
    As I read for some assignment in high school, in Western societies the wedding ring is worn on the third ("ring") finger of the left hand. At one time, medicine presumed that a very crucial vein connected that finger to the heart, thus ensuring that one's life essence would be bound by the wedding ring. Also, it is the weakest finger, especially in a society that presumed that right-handedness should be standard.

:TMYK:

</pedantry> Thanks for all the nice things you guys said about a comic you didn't get. ^__^ I can't make a comic funny by explaining it, but I owe you a less enigmatic take on the meaning of the monologue:

A person who wears an engagement/wedding ring to fool people might have an interesting reason for disguising her marital status (hell, this character tried it herself back in 98). A person who wears what looks like a wedding ring on the wrong finger is wearing a piece of jewelery in an unintentionally misleading way (thus inadvertently costing herself potential suitors that will take care of her car for her).
  • edited February 2006
    Ahh.
  • edited February 2006
    maybe her dad is a car guy though. i mean, my dad (a dentist) would still take care of my teeth if i were married. :)

i think single chicks are very aware of the pitfalls of wearing rings that look like wedding/engagement rings. perhaps the car shop guys get overly friendly with the poor girl-clerk, so she's wearing it to scare them off and tells tales about her made-up fiancee big jim who could crush them all with one blow.
  • edited February 2006
    The traveller's cynicism meets Al's optimism.

Luckily the universe didn't implode.
  • edited February 2006
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only person that uses parentheses in their inner monolouges.
  • edited February 2006
    I liked this one because I actually know a little a bit rings because of my mom! Six thirty five is the awesome.
  • edited February 2006
    Should I be mean and point out the obvious problem in the first panel as if everyone is not fully aware of it?
  • edited February 2006
    Is it unique to the first panel, if so, I have no idea what you're talking about. I did think it odd that she seems to be sitting on a couch though.
  • edited February 2006
    X'o'Lore, please elaborate. I have no idea what you're referring to.
  • edited February 2006
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about a couple of words of the text going over a dark leaf which makes it a little hard to read.

Which isn't really that big of a deal.
  • edited February 2006
    The only word I had trouble reading at first was "tire".
  • edited February 2006
    Maybe he means that she's looking to her left in that panel while talking about the woman, but is looking to her right in all the other ones, suggesting that the woman is over there?

That's the only thing I can think of.
  • edited February 2006
    Apathy wrote:
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about a couple of words of the text going over a dark leaf which makes it a little hard to read.

Which isn't really that big of a deal.

Correct on all counts.
  • edited February 2006
    Well, I am always right.
  • edited February 2006
    ... unless a leper reads your sig. Then, you're wrong every time he reads one of your posts.

So there.
  • edited February 2006
    I'm not talking to them.
  • edited February 2006
    I got the comic and liked it!

Go me!
  • edited February 2006
    Apathy wrote:
    I'm not talking to them.

How convenient for you.

Of course, on an internet forum, an ambiguously aimed signature "you" can be construed as talking to anyone.

Anyway, I digress.

I got the comic the first time I read it, too!

And I despise the fact that the leaves on panel one prevent me from remixing this comic without adding a crappy looking thought bubble.
  • edited February 2006
    So it served a purpose after all...
  • edited February 2006
    What was that purpose again?

EDIT: I'm not Jon.
  • edited February 2006
    Nonsense! It's crossover-tastic!

And Jon beat me to it!
  • edited February 2006
    Excellent remix.