You'll be missed kurt

edited July 2023 in Books
Author Kurt Vonnegut, best known for his novel "Slaughterhouse 5", (one of my favorite books) died today at age 84. He's unstuck in time forever in my eyes!

11128361-11128364-slarge.jpg

Comments

• edited April 2007
    I'm afraid I've never read any of his books, considering the kind of person I am THIS IS A TRAVESTY and must be remedied.

I must hit up the used bookstore!
  • edited April 2007
    Yeah, Jeff, you'll like Vonnegut. I'll loan you some of my favorites if you'd like. I'm so sad to hear this.
  • edited April 2007
    I actually ordered Sirens of Titan online yesterday, and then found out that he'd died immediately afterwards. I bought the book because of an old Douglas Adams interview that recently resurfaced where he had a few good things to say about it. I haven't actually read anything by Vonnegut yet so I don't really have anything to say about him here, I just thought it was an odd coincidence.
  • edited April 2007
    He never got around to writing that anti-glacier book did he...

I've only read Slaughterhouse 5 and Cat's Cradle, but that's enough for me to know that he was completely insane.
  • edited April 2007
    He was by far my favorite author of all time. I was so incredibly depressed when I found out he died, that me and my only love interest, who, I just found out, was also a Vonnegut fan, pretty much talked and cried all night. One of my only wishes was to, one time, just sit down with him and carry out a conversation with him. ;~;
  • edited April 2007
    Reminds me of how I felt when Douglas Adams died.
  • edited April 2007
    Reminds me of how I felt when Douglas Adams died.

I was thinking the exact same thing.