Toast?

edited July 2023 in Forum Support
Is it just my browser, or have I had Stef's avatar for the last few days?

Comments

• edited June 2007
    I think it's just you.

Obviously you're insane and you just want to be toast. Or Stef. Or somesort of terrible combination. With crumb-spraying powers.

Of doom.
  • edited June 2007
    I've had worse. I've had my edit post button turn into amoeba boy's avatar and the MSN icon below some people's avatars turn into Mr Cheeze's avatar.

EDIT: "of doom" will forever be translated to "favorable destiny" in my head.
  • edited June 2007
    I've heard of other people having random image swaps like this on the forums in the past. What browser are you using (and what version)? What operating system? There are a few vBulletin updates we haven't run yet, so it's possible the issue will be addressed with those too.

For the record, I've always used Safari for Mac on this forum and never seen the issue described. I know a lot of people use the Windows version of Firefox, so there might be problems involved there. But yes, information will prove most valuable!
  • edited June 2007
    I've seen the forums without problems on three different versions of Internet Explorer on Windows.
  • edited June 2007
    I had my issues in Opera in Windows. It was a minor issue and just needs to have the cache flushed to fix it. (Or just ignore it for a while and the browser would correct itself anyway)
  • edited June 2007
    Firefox (I believe the latest version) with Windows XP. It's happened in the past, but this is the longest it's lasted and the avatar is also in the User CP, which hasn't happened before. As log as It's just me, I'm fine. Oh, I also have Hammy's +300 pts sea monster card as an edit button.
  • edited June 2007
    Toast, squashed Goombas and sea monsters... Your posts must look pretty weird to you.
  • godgod
    edited June 2007
    Any chance we could get a screen-shot?
  • edited June 2007
    I was the one with the squashed goombas actually.
  • edited July 2007
    I've had brief moments when almost all of the buttons were repaced with random avatars. Right now, my active button is the edit buttoon, and the edit button is hammy's avatar and my avatar is toast.

EDIT:Edit: another picture to follow in my next post instead.
  • edited July 2007
    Maybe it's some sort of cache thing? Did you try clearing out your temporary internet files then reloading the page?
  • edited July 2007
    I'm not too concerned about, really. I was just wondering if people were going to think I was stealing Stef's avatar. But I typically clear all of my cached files every week or so, this error occurs even when the page is being loaded like new.
    EDIT:
    untitled1.jpg
  • edited July 2007
    Damn, everything about that is messed up. I have MrCheese's avatar. And those edit buttons under the avatars should be little green dots.
  • edited July 2007
    That issue happens to me occasionally. Hasn't for awhile now, but it crops up every now and then.

I run the latest verison of firefox for xp, btw.
  • godgod
    edited July 2007
    Me too, but I've never had any of this happen.
  • edited July 2007
    But it's so amusing when these things do happen.
  • edited July 2007
    Yeah, awesome. I have never seen nor heard about this kind of error before.

...I'm willing to share my avatar, Behemoth, if your computer wants you to have it so damn badly. TOAST ARMY!
  • edited July 2007
    If I may get technical? The fact that this only appears to happen in Firefox would indicate that it's the result of a glitch in the version of gecko (the rendering engine) used by it. Thus the only way to help it, I'm guessing, is to wait for Firefox 3.0 which will use a new version of Gecko (1.9).
  • edited July 2007
    HA! This is a good one.
    untitled3.jpg
  • edited July 2007
    Well it's an improvement on the Justin...That thing creeps me the feck out.
  • edited July 2007
    Night Lord wrote: »
    If I may get technical? The fact that this only appears to happen in Firefox would indicate that it's the result of a glitch in the version of gecko (the rendering engine) used by it. Thus the only way to help it, I'm guessing, is to wait for Firefox 3.0 which will use a new version of Gecko (1.9).

That's possible, but I think it's more just a result of oddities with the forum code that don't react well to some rendering engines. I had all these same issues while using Opera which I'm quite certain doesn't use the same rendering engine as any version of firefox.

Although I don't think I've had that issue since the last time I updated Opera.
  • edited July 2007
    I have no problems, and I know why. Because Windows, while they have their okay moments, are so bugged that you might as well forget about having stable anything. Now Macs on the other hand like I'm using now have no problems.
  • edited July 2007
    You know, except their overwhelming ability to crash a program the moment I go to save whatever I was doing.
  • edited July 2007
    Okay, that isn't constructive at all. Both of you.
  • edited July 2007
    ha, you think that's unconstructive? I'll show you unconstructive.

ZOMG I LOVE JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, I WISH JT WERE ALL MY BUTTONS, CUASE HE PUSHES ALL MY BUTTONS, AND THEREFORE HE WOULD BE ABLE TO PUSH HIMSELF I AM TEH EXCITED. AND WINDOZE IS TEH SUXxxoRZ.
  • edited July 2007
    That was pretty constructive. I think adding JT buttons would solve a lot of forum problems. Also, if we got a doomsday machine, I'd want a JT button for that too.
  • edited July 2007
    Where would we get a doomsday machine from?
  • edited July 2007
    Target, maybe.
  • godgod
    edited August 2007
    For some reason, MrCheeze's signature has become the forum style chooser.
    orangebelterrorom4.png
  • edited August 2007
    Same here