the official mass brew discussion thread

edited January 2018 in Witch's Brew
okay, since the topic seems to be unavoidable, I'm making a thread for it so that other threads in this forum might stand a chance of staying on topic.

a few ground rules -

First, yes it's going to take a long time. Saying so is only necessary so many times.

Second, are you sure whatever you're about to say shouldn't be sent via PM / email?

Third, if you want to know whose turn it is, who's next, etc., check the link I sent you a while ago. If you're not sure what that link is, PM / email me. I'll be doin' my darndest to keep that page up to date.

Comments

• edited May 2007
    That one was very amusing, but "Bwst away-team?"

And if it takes a day to make 14 panels, shouldn't the mass brew have finished in a week?
    On the other hand, 16 panels apparently take two years, so...
    (Sorry about complain)
  • edited May 2007
    There is no mathematical way to deduce brew-times, they are not based on anything resembling science!
  • edited May 2007
    sure there is. it's a sliding scale. at 2 brewers, it generally takes anywhere between 10 minutes to 1 day per panel. at 3 brewers, it's generally between 20 minutes and a few weeks. 4 is usually at least 6 hours, and up to 3 months. 5 is usually at least a few days, up to 6 months. At 25, we're quickly learning it may reach epic new panel lengths, revealing the formula's parabolic nature.
  • edited May 2007
    It also depends on if most of the brewers are even in contact with us anymore.
  • edited May 2007
    It would also help if people actually knew who's panel it was. That way we can all make fun of them until they do it.
  • edited May 2007
    Well, it's not going quite as slow as before.
  • edited May 2007
    It would also help if people actually knew who's panel it was. That way we can all make fun of them until they do it.

Well, unfortunately Night Lord's email on the massbrew list was incorrect. I've PM'd him with da panel, so we'll see.
  • edited May 2007
    Congratulations, Geoff! You have successfully completed your first moderator action! I bestow upon you this "World's Best Mum" certificate as commemoration of this auspicious occasion! Cherish it always!
  • edited May 2007
    that's the last time i ask you how to do anything... or at least the last time until one of my apple products is malfunctioning again.

and mum??? are you english suddenly?
  • edited May 2007
    I have no control over how the certificate is rendered. They appear on my desk when deserved by their recipients, as if by magic, and I am unavoidably drawn to sign and distribute them. vBulletin's weird like that.
  • edited May 2007
    I don't even have an email for the person I'm supposed to send one to yet.
  • edited May 2007
    Luckily the Brew doesn't appear to have made it that far yet, but we do need Bevin's e-mail. Geoff, get on that.

Phew, glad I defused that situation.
  • edited July 2007
    Is...is this thing still happenin'?
  • edited July 2007
    Yes. But it will be slow-going for the entire duration, so there's no sense in worrying too much about it.
  • edited July 2007
    The brew is slow roasted, to bring out its full flavor.
  • edited July 2007
    Brewery_4___35hl_Brew_Up_To_21000hl_Beer_Year.jpg

it's got the finest ingredients available, chosen and hand picked by the finest brewers. Yes, Mass brew will likely be a one of a kind brew. It's like the legendary Anchor Christmas Ale, it will only get better with age as the flavors emerge and fully mature, as long as we make sure it's properly nurtured.
  • edited July 2007
    The key to the brew is the mix of aged brewers, with fresh brewers, which provides us with the perfect amount of randomness, and cohesion.
  • edited July 2007
    NIGHT LORD! PANEL! NOW!

...but, it failed!
  • edited July 2007
    Takeru wrote: »
    The key to the brew is the mix of aged brewers, with fresh brewers, which provides us with the perfect amount of randomness, and cohesion.

Plus, we've got total noobs working on it. LIKE ME!
  • edited July 2007
    |\|00|3
  • edited July 2007
    The "total noobs" are the fresh brewers.
  • edited July 2007
    I now have alittle brewing experience thanks to the Sketchbrew I completely ripped off from this, but this is a whole other playing field.
  • edited July 2007
    I played Witches' Brew with Hamelin!
  • edited July 2007
    My panel is done! Who do I send it to?
  • edited July 2007
    ... You're kidding, right?
  • edited November 2007
    What the hell is going on?
  • edited November 2007
    well, night lord supposedly finished his, but the last panel i recieved was from Paul on May 4. I know he said Elijah was to be skipped on this round, because he has no computer access... which, if night lord did his, means it's on conor... which is dangerous. He just got a new laptop, so hopefully he can get on it now. I'll see to that he gets a sound beating. and nightlord, i need you to send me your panel.
  • edited November 2007
    Ha, my old account posted in this thread. Sweeeeet.
  • edited January 2008
    *cough*
  • edited February 2008
    Bruce, did you ever send your panel? I'm on a warpath, and whoever's holding up this Brew is in trouble something's come along and it's burst our bubble yeah yeah.